Bent arm - can it be replaced

Reaction score
I had a bad crash today and bent one of the arms on the H3-3D to the point that the gimbal cannot fully tilt. I have tried to straighten it but the metal does not bend easily (unless it falls from a tree onto concrete apparently). The rest of the gimbal appears ok so I'm wondering if there is any future in sending it in for repair. I have ordered a new gimbal and would like to use the repaired on as a backup. I'm assuming that if repair is possible DJI is the only option.

If anyone is interested in how I caused the crash, I was flying a golf course using Ground Station which have successfully used for three other courses. However, this course is very hilly. I like to fly at 75 feet. Unfortunately, I was in a low area for start-up. Holes 1-7 flew great but hole #8 is about 60 feet above my starting point and the Oak trees behind it are about 30 feet tall. Bad combination.

Thanks for any help.

Unmount the gimbal, straighten the top and bottom brackets gently but firmly on a flat surface, remount and do a full re calibrate on a perfectly level surface.

Hope that helps

damoncooper said:
Unmount the gimbal, straighten the top and bottom brackets gently but firmly on a flat surface, remount and do a full re calibrate on a perfectly level surface.

Hope that helps

And as for the arm, using two adjustable crescent wrenches (or appropriately sized vises). We bent our "hanger arm" so badly that the gimbal had a very limited range of motion... straightened it and it works flawlessly now. Be careful, bend slowly, and, preferably, remove anything from the gimbal (or disassemble) before trying to bend the arm.

Use a piece of good duct tape covered by a piece of thick clear packaging tape on the arm to help prevent chipping off the paint with the crescent wrench.

JimMoore said:
(unless it falls from a tree onto concrete apparently)

I laughed out loud at this because this is EXACTLY how I bent mine! 3 foot wide side-walk with nice soft grass on either side.... and of course when I poked the Phantom out of the tree it tumbled down a branch right over the sidewalk and plop.

I was able to bend it back though... did you ever get it fixed?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31