Bellagio Water Fountain Show, Vegas Police Show Up For UFO!

Re: Bellagio Water Fountain Show, Vegas Police Show Up For U

FlyHighPhoto said:
Do we really live in a country with such a police state, and under a government that fears it's own people that much that they're going to arrest an innocent tourist taking pictures of national monuments? Do you realize how ridiculous you sound? I did say I was going to go around to monuments and take pictures, not anything nefarious.

Jeez, why is everyone so afraid of the police here on this forum. The absolute worst they'll do is tell me no I can't fly it there and tell me to leave, which I will, THAT'S IT.

Yes we do live in a country that is becoming a policed state. And yes the government does fear it's own people. Maybe you've heard of the NSA? They spy on their own citizens every minute of everyday.

FlyHighPhoto said:
Total disregard for public safety? Ugh, how is going 20 feet in the air to take a picture total disregard for public safety? Do you support a ban on attaching a gopro to a 50ft stick and taking pictures also? Clearly you don't know me, or know how many precautions I really do take to make sure I'm not endangering myself, or others around me.

You also seem like you have never flown a Phantom, as if you did, you'd realize that literally thousands of people each day fly them without hurting anyone. Not saying it's completely, a 100% safe, there will always be risks in anything we do, but it's all about managing those risks, and weighing those risks to the rewards.

I feel the reward of seeing my country's national monuments, monuments that tens of thousands of my fellow Americans have given their lives for, who fought for me, and the freedoms I have today, at never before seen views, and sharing them with the world is just too great of a reward to pass up.

Please go troll someone else on a different site, you're clearly not a Phantom pilot.

A gopro on a 50' pole isn't going to lose control, fly into the crowd and cut people with its props. Flying over a crowd is not "managing those risks".
I also tend to think that the DC police/Feds are going to be something completely different from the Vegas cops. Maybe, maybe you can get away with flying around the monuments, but stay the hell away from the various government buildings. The secret service will not ask you to stop, they will stop you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love living in NZ ... way less paranoia, reading some of these posts is amazing .... some feel you'll be shot dead for flying a toy quad in certain places in the USA ??? WTF !!???

GMANNZ said:
I love living in NZ ... way less paranoia, reading some of these posts is amazing .... some feel you'll be shot dead for flying a toy quad in certain places in the USA ??? WTF !!???

The point folks are trying to make (perhaps over zealously) is that if you go poking a big sleeping dog with a sharp stick, you shouldn't be surprised by the likely outcome.

GMANNZ said:

I'm not saying that they will shoot you on site, I'm saying that they will come to you very quickly, and it won't be a pleasant experience. Anything that goes on the wrong side of national security (at least what the Feds see as national security) will get hammered down quickly post 9-11.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jermz said:
GMANNZ said:

I'm not saying that they will shoot you on site, I'm saying that they will come to you very quickly, and it won't be a pleasant experience. Anything that goes on the wrong side of national security (at least what the Feds see as national security) will get hammered down quickly post 9-11.

Yeah I get what you're saying .... from what your alluding to you'd have to be mad as a hatter to fly in a "bad spot" stateside and take on loonies with a national security bent like that ??

*RING RING* .... "Hi Ma ... "Where are you son .... ??" ..... "Federal prison holding cell !!" ..... "WHAT !!?? ...I thought you and your young friends were just going out with your toy copters" ... "yeah we did, we went to the park ... but apprently was the wrong park ?? ... can you bring my toothbrush" .... ouch :shock:

I just try now to keep clear of everyone and everything ...... just in case !! :?

Someone please archive this thread. The OP or the FAA may need it later...

Seriously though, I can't wait to see what happens.

getting back to the OP's video--where is it? all i see is private

kydan said:
getting back to the OP's video--where is it? all i see is private

Destroying the evidence... :)

Anyone archived a copy?

FlyingFanta said:
Someone please archive this thread. The OP or the FAA may need it later...

Seriously though, I can't wait to see what happens.

Anyone have an update?

FlyHighPhoto said:
Thanks for the feedback, the idea of recording sound on the ground is a fantastic one, and yes I did have an accomplice with me that could have done that, I will absolutely do this next time.

Audio from the ground would have been perfect not only for the song being used in the fountain show, but also the Las Vegas police department and them telling me that a concerned citizen was frightened and reported a UFO to them!

I too was a little nervous about what the police would say if they saw it, but I wouldn't be worried about getting arrested unless I was acting a fool, and flying the Phantom in a dangerous manner. The worst thing they can do is say no and tell you to land it.

I plan on visiting Washington DC this weekend to get some footage of the monuments, and buildings around town, and am not concerned about being arrested there either.

the fed, wash. dc police, park police, nsa, secret agent, etc..will not get you arrested nor advice you not to fly !!!! because, my brothers will steal your phantom first !!!! :mrgreen: (asian boys :ugeek: )

Still plays in the US. Where are you located? Maybe a music copyright issue?

Love this part where the water is reaching up to the Phantom...

2h3vu41.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20