Beanfield Crash!

Reaction score
Was filming last evening and just got a little too low. Beans are past the waist and we waited till it was a little darker to find it! We extrapolated and eyeballed where the bird last hit, reset the bird as homepoint and plugged in eyeballed coordinates to my GPS. Found it within 10 feet of the final coordinate! P3Ps are tough! Flies just like always!!!

hahaha worth it if you ask me, nice shot! (amazing colors!)

And glad to hear your bird is ok!

Reactions: jryser
Wow cool video! Low altitude crashes into a soft leafy beanfield are probably the optimal way to wipe out.

We can laugh at this one since there was no harm to the bird. Looking at it frame by frame, looks like it maintained control for maybe 10 feet after it started pruning the leaves? Cool video!

Oh my god, I watched your video earlier today and then promptly did not learn a thing. It was raining here all day and I really wanted to fly. So when it cleared up I went outside and was flying over the cornfield next to my house. I actually thought to myself "That guy just got too low but the shots were cool". Me, apparently being the dumba** I am thought "I will keep it higher and be fine" and get some cool shots of the corn. Well, I did keep it higher and did not hit the corn, just the tree at then end of the cornfield. Down she went. Still on, still videoing. I saw her on my GPS and had to go find her. Let me tell you, that cornfield was thick! Then when I finally got near her she was in the brush near the creek that runs along the field. I was walking through weeds and briers that were up to my chin (I am 6'5" tall). Fell in a huge hole in the middle of the field btw that might feet were dangling over running water! Had to pull myself up and out muddy as hell. Anyway, found her and got her back home, cleaned her up and did a little test flight in the yard. She works fine, not even any cosmetic damage and the video looked great as always. Lesson learned apparently by experience not by reading! Thanks for listening to my stupid story!

P3S (undamaged)

OMG, :eek:, You can't make this stuff up.

It was awesome. If you watch episodes of Midwest Whitetail I shot the opening of last year's show with the same shot over the same field planted in corn. The farmer was very gracious not only in not being pissed that I crashed in the beans but in helping me find it!

Sent from my PT beating heart

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik