Battery Shorts

Reaction score
I have read a couple of posts on DJI's Forum in the last few days regarding P4P's and P4A's crashes due to shorted out batteries. Looking at photos of the batteries and the bird's it appears the shorts are a result of loose or not fully seated batteries. I have had my P4A for a relatively short time and taking the battery out is not easy because they are very tight. I am also reading that DJI changed the fittings when they introduced the P4's and that the P3's did not have this problem. I am wondering if over time the battery slots don't expand and this is the cause of the short which also seems to be associated with putting the bird under a heavy load such as using sport mode full throttle or flying in high wind which causes the battery to heat up. My thought is that maybe a maintenance consideration would be to replace the battery if or when it starts to get easy to remove or at least check the gap on the battery. So my question is to those that have had a P4 for awhile, do the batteries over time get easy to remove?

I use both battery's in p4s..p4p batt seems to lock in better but shouldn't get lose over time to get in and out,any marks on batt that seemy harsh,,if yours lock in good mayby some baby oil make it slide out easier, or mayby a plastic conditioner like revive or similar,over time it's possible for fluff and dirt to get under clip so they not shut proper,I say that cause I seen I past,,silly curved design don't help,,are you battery's hot on removal ,heat does cause bit of swelling to a point if left in when hot,I think all p4 flyers in this boat,even when batt clipped in some do move around a bit,another reason to keep clips clean so you hear them click,I sometime have to jiggle it to clip hard

Reactions: wcw1223
I have read a couple of posts on DJI's Forum in the last few days regarding P4P's and P4A's crashes due to shorted out batteries. Looking at photos of the batteries and the bird's it appears the shorts are a result of loose or not fully seated batteries. I have had my P4A for a relatively short time and taking the battery out is not easy because they are very tight. I am also reading that DJI changed the fittings when they introduced the P4's and that the P3's did not have this problem. I am wondering if over time the battery slots don't expand and this is the cause of the short which also seems to be associated with putting the bird under a heavy load such as using sport mode full throttle or flying in high wind which causes the battery to heat up. My thought is that maybe a maintenance consideration would be to replace the battery if or when it starts to get easy to remove or at least check the gap on the battery. So my question is to those that have had a P4 for awhile, do the batteries over time get easy to remove?

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your drone in and out of the storm.

This video explains the battery in detail as to why it has been so vulnerable on the Phantom and how the Phantom Wet Suits help lock in that battery as well as stop the water and moisture from getting inside.

The problem is not with the batteries but the Phantom Enclosure itself.

Reactions: wcw1223

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockymountaincaptures