Battery plug

Reaction score
Had my fc40 for a few months now and I'm having problems every time I try and disconnect the battery, it's very very tight when trying to unplug it. So much so that the casing on the negative lead from the phantom has all ready torn and I have had to put some tape round it, and now it's starting to go at the plug. I only use the standard phantom battery but it just seems impossible to disconnect, is there some sort of knack to disconnecting easy. Any help would be great before I end up with a phantom I can't fly.

Very carefully file off a layer of the plug until its tight but not too tight.. Worked for me.

I also have noticed that the connectors are a very tight fit. I just tried sanding the flat area of the connector on the battery but that is difficult and didn't seem to make any difference. So what I have been doing is to only insert the charger connector part way into the battery connector. The battery connector doesn't have to be fully inserted into the charger connector for the charge to take place. But I make sure to fully engage the battery connector into the Phantom connector when I fly to avoid having them become disconnected during flight (and having a loss of power and subsequent crash).

Ahh i see, thanks very much for the advise and link to the video i was hoping for a easy solution. just hope i dont over squeeze now and make it to loose LOL. I will do it very carefully and keep checking until i get it how i want it. Thanks again

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockymountaincaptures