Battery lifetime question?

Reaction score
hello i have a question about recharging im already at 96 times and the battery is still lasting over 18 min flight time is this strange or have i been lucky drone hasnt fallen outa sky?

Reactions: Mark The Droner
Batteries are rated to 200 cycles. But I'd monitor them with something like AirData after each flight.

Reactions: Billie Nelson
Yip my p4 done 172 chargers before fatal battery error with a p4 with over 1000 flights ,if you suspect it it any way ,dont fly with it,,not sure what the p3 battery charge range but my p3s batterys lasted 4 years,unsure on amount of times charged
Bit hard to estimate how many charges they will do since they all vary in how long they last

I think nobody can say exactly when the batt. should not be used anymore because there is no cut-off point.
It is more or less a continuous process of battery capacity going down. An average drone pilot can only observe some data which shows how each battery cell behaves during the last flight. I use the Air data application for UAV copters that give (at least for me) sufficient data to estimate how trustable the battery is.

Reactions: jpblcm
It depends on how they are cared for. Incorrect long-term storage is a LiPo battery's worst enemy.

I recently purchased an Inspire 1 from a forum member. It came with 3 TB47 batteries. All 3 had < 10 flights on them. But because the original owner had taken good care of them and stored them correctly, all 3 fly like brand new. All of my batteries are stored with roughly 60-65% capacity and kept in a temperature controlled environment (no storage lockers or outdoor sheds). But of course, if you're flying the same battery every week, long-term storage issues don't really come into play. It seems that regular use seems to be the best way to keep a battery running like new. In lieu of that, proper storage is the next best thing.

D

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20