Battery Life

Reaction score
Hi. New to the P2 so this may be a stupid question. The instructions talk of discharging battery a number of times, together with storing them at a certain percentage charge. Is there a method for discharging them without running them in the Phantom? Or is the technique to simply run them down in flight?

I was wondering the same, my guess would be to have a flight, when you get it home plug it into the assistant
software and you will see the exact % left and just leave it to go down to 8%.
Unplug it and charge to full

Most new chargers have a "discharge" feature which is what you do when you don't plan on using your batteries for a while. They say by discharging them to 50%, it will extend the life of your battery's cells.

CThody said:
Thanks guys - i guess there is no discharge feature with the DJI Charger?

That is a very low-end charger. No frills. Get a better charger and up to 2-3 times faster.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

FangsCPO said:
CThody said:

That is a very low-end charger. No frills. Get a better charger and up to 2-3 times faster.

There are other chargers that will charge the P2 battery?

Mr Mufakka said:
FangsCPO said:
CThody said:

There are other chargers that will charge the P2 battery?

It's like any other battery, you program the charger, connect the battery and charge away.....in simplest terms. I hope.

I stand corrected.......it looks like you can't. It that's the case.....total fail!!

FangsCPO said:
I stand corrected.......it looks like you can't. It that's the case.....total fail!!

Yep, the manual just says fly it to discharge or discharge for storage. Hopefully some third party comes up with a more appropriate charger/discharger. Although the battery display in the Assistant software gives a lot of battery information.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl