Battery level when taking P3 on an airline?

Reaction score
Just received my E-Tickets for a flight (holiday) I'm going on in May. I know I can take upto 4 Phantom batteries as hand luggage but was under the impression to have them discharged (not fully) for the flight (maximise safety). Below is an extract from some info I received with my tickets. I have been asked to switch on or show the electronic item is working before going through security but you don't need the battery fully charged for this.

What do you guys do please?

Dave

"New Airport Security Measures For Electronic Gadgets

If you're carrying any electronic gadgets in your hand luggage that are capable of holding a charge, you'll need to make sure they're fully charged when you go through airport security. This is part of new security measures that have been introduced by airports - both in the UK and abroad"

I know I can take upto 4 Phantom batteries as hand luggage but was under the impression to have them discharged (not fully) for the flight (maximise safety).
I suspect that's something that's originated in forum chat.
I've never seen any airline battery safety webpage mention it and never seen anyone at airport security show any concern for charge level (or Lipo bags either)
I have been asked to switch on or show the electronic item is working before going through security but you don't need the battery fully charged for this.
That's in case they pull you out for special treatment and wonder if you have a dummy laptop etc.
But you don't see them asking everyone to demonstrate their laptop or camera at airport security.

Check your airline's website and search for battery to see what they say.

This is to make sure that laptops / phones switch on and be demonstrated to work.

I would have batteries at 50% on just under.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31