BATTERY ISSUE

Reaction score
I am finding that one of my batteries for my P4 is acting weird when charged. When my batteries are fully charged, they turn off... but one of them doesn't turn off.... what happens with this one particular battery is one of the charge indicator slots does a double blink repeatedly and the on/off button stays lit green. I used that battery today and it worked just fine. Does anyone have an idea what's going on with the battery post charge blinking?

Not sure I never had a overcharged battery, but I would take it down to storage values 50% and recharge and if it comes up again get it exchanged. Is this an OEM battery and do you have the latest battery firmware? I had a defective battery 2 months ago and DJI replaced it at no cost. The dji smart batteries usually do not overcharge.

Last edited:
Not sure I never had a overcharged battery, but I would take it down to storage values 50% and recharge and if it comes up again get it exchanged. Is this an OEM battery and do you have the latest battery firmware? I had a defective battery 2 months ago and DJI replaced it at no cost. The dji smart batteries usually do not overcharge.

Yes, original battery..... not sure about the firmware. I have 3 other batteries and all of them are fine

The problem is that the battery voltage with no load may drastically vary on load if battery is partially charged (on lower level) thus the results could be very deceptive.

Golden rule: Charge fully before flying.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Open GO with the battery in your craft all on and check the battery info where you have cell voltages, this is where I had the message saying that the battery was defective and to send to dji, you may be able to get a new battery from them at no cost.

If i charge (p4) my battery to full capacity at 3pm to fly at 5 pm and something comes up and i cannot fly that day. I decide to fly next morning just to discharge battery. Should i put battery back on charger
before i fly?? All i am trying to do is discharge battery to 20 or 30%.

If i charge (p4) my battery to full capacity at 3pm to fly at 5 pm and something comes up and i cannot fly that day. I decide to fly next morning just to discharge battery. Should i put battery back on charger
before i fly?? All i am trying to do is discharge battery to 20 or 30%.
No need to top up if your flying the next day as the batteries will be at 98-99%. Fly down to 50% for storage, try not to fly past 20% if you can, this gives you a good safety margin and is better for battery life. Charge once cooled back up to 50% for storage

I fully discharged the battery and then recharged it fully and the problem has gone away. Your idea worked. Lets see if the problem comes back or not.Thanks

Reactions: Erised

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic