Battery Charging

Reaction score
I'm excited. I have successfully charged the battery, assembled the phantom, performed the calibration "dance", got rid of the ubiquitous error 27, and upgraded all of the firmware/software I could find.

After all the pre-launch messing around which, I hope, is going to give me a green light to launch, I decided to top off the battery before I go outside again.

This has me wondering...Do these batteries benefit from being drained before recharging or does it make any difference to them? I don't want to do anything that would shorten a battery's life and just want to adopt best practices all around including battery charging.

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Ok, My Phantom just had it's maiden voyage in the backyard and I am freakin' addicted now. I have to head to the park and play with it now. This is gettin' excitin'! :D

Reaction score
For the first 10 discharges of the battery, do not drain it below 50% of it's useful capacity.
If you should get 10 minutes flight time from the battery, stop at 5 minutes. It's called "conditioning" I think.

I can't answer the 1 question you've asked, but do know there is more to know about these batteries, than can fit in my little brain.

I haven't updated this page in a while, but you might still learn something here:
http://www.wynotweb.com/LiPo_Charging.html

Reaction score
Well, good. I've only done a few minutes at a time in the few flights I've done and I've been charging it each time before going back out to test any new settings, so, I think I've been doing it right so far.

I need to buy more batteries!

I can tell I'm going to want to use them.

:)

Reactions: IflyinWY
Reaction score
Well, good. I've only done a few minutes at a time in the few flights I've done and I've been charging it each time before going back out to test any new settings, so, I think I've been doing it right so far.

I need to buy more batteries!

I can tell I'm going to want to use them.

:)

Yea, I have 7 batteries. 4 MultiStar 4000s, and 3 2700s. Look around in the FC40 forum for info too. It's basically the same machine as the P1, just different control frequency. I have 3 stock Phantom chargers and they have kept me flying.

I got a cool pic this evening.
http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/global-warming-naw-wyoming-is-blessed.34372/page-54#post-411241

Reactions: Truik

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webeyesoft