Battery Charging Advice

Reaction score
Hi I am very new to all this and have flown my P2 for the first time and it was excellent.

What I would like to know is when do I charge my battery. It currently still has 2 green lights showing. Do I

1. run it down completely,

2. run it down to 1 green light or

3 just recharge it fully from where it is.

I will not be flying until next weekend so not sure what to do. I want to preserve the battery life so would appreciate any advice on best charging method.

Thank you in anticipation.

Mike

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

As a general rule, try not to run your batteries down to less than25/30% when flying.

For storage, they should be around 50%, so just leave your battery as it is at the moment and fully charge before you next fly.

I would recommend to fly, enjoy, then put your battery away in its flame proof container (mine is a 30cal ammo can) when done until next flight. Issue is you do NOT want to charge and leave it near 100% capacity for more than a day/couple days.

You also do not want to charge it and them immediately fly; give it a couple hours to cool down before flying.

Lastly, know that if you fly it down to 25/30% each time as some suggest, you are cutting your battery life easily in half.

Lipos can almost last forever if never discharged this low. If you can accept flying 5-8 minutes at a time, you should stay above 40% easy. The lower you consistently discharge, the shorter the overall life.

Reactions: Stathis

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik