Battery and Motor life

Reaction score
Got my P2V for Christmas and fly an average of 35 minutes per day weather permitting. No aerobatics just conservative fun flight. Wondering if anyone has any info on battery and motor expected lifespan. Thanks

It's going to vary(battery life) depending on how you fly

No clue on motors life as(so far) no one has had a motor fail due to bearings

Assuming no electrical damage from an ESC failing, etc., brush-less motors can last 1000s of hours save the bearings.

Bearings are the only wearing part and can be easily and cheaply replaced.

The smart battery's have a counter in them and IF you were ever able to get the max life out of them they only allow 300 charge cycles then it bricks its self. Tho I have not heard of any one getting an entire 300 charges yet out of one.
'
Motors tho tend to last for quite a bit as long as they dont ever get damaged such as in a crash or shorted out some how. The only thing that can ware on them just from use is the bearings and I have seen people reporting 200 and even 400 hours on the original bearings. as long as they are keep clean. and there is also high speed bearing oil that can help keep them going.
but if a bearing is ever starting to go you will know it long before it fails. The added friction will make the motor get hotter then the others and some times the bearings will dicolor from the heat and get a blueish tint to the steel on them.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj