Batteries!

Reaction score
Like a lot of us I'm interested in longer flight time. Is it a matter of a bigger battery? I'm now using 2200mah batteries, Do I go up to 4000 or 5000mah ones? Another question I have is about size. Are batteries the same size just longer? Or, are they bigger in width and height? I was on YouTube looking at Jim Bowers( aka DEMUNSEED) and he had a bigger battery door made...bigger as in it will take a longer battery and still close up. Here is a link www.shapeways.com/product/DX4DWVYBT/battery-door-upgrade. They have three different ones, their stock one is 12mm deeper so you will have a place to put the cables, a medium one and then an even deeper one for the really big batteries. they all attach like the DJI one and you can get them in various colors as well. Guys what batteries do ya'll use? Do you have to do more for longer flight time? Thanks, Greg.

Like a lot of us I'm interested in longer flight time. Is it a matter of a bigger battery? I'm now using 2200mah batteries, Do I go up to 4000 or 5000mah ones? Another question I have is about size. Are batteries the same size just longer? Or, are they bigger in width and height? I was on YouTube looking at Jim Bowers( aka DEMUNSEED) and he had a bigger battery door made...bigger as in it will take a longer battery and still close up. Here is a link www.shapeways.com/product/DX4DWVYBT/battery-door-upgrade. They have three different ones, their stock one is 12mm deeper so you will have a place to put the cables, a medium one and then an even deeper one for the really big batteries. they all attach like the DJI one and you can get them in various colors as well. Guys what batteries do ya'll use? Do you have to do more for longer flight time? Thanks, Greg.
There are 2700mah batteries that fit in the P1 and there are better grade (C count) batteries but the trade off with weight once
you go bigger than that is overheating the motors and ESC's . I wouldn't go to anything that wont fit in the stock door .
Hobbyking.com has the batteries and you can always find them on Ebay . If your looking for 30 minuets maybe it's time to
upgrade to a newer model drone . I still have and fly the P1 from time to time but my go to drones these days are the P4P and
Mavic air 2 . But even with those I find I only fly around 15 minutes most of the time . I don't think the extra weight and heat is
worth the small amount of extra time . Have a great day .

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl