Barometer Noisy Error

Reaction score
Went to arm the motors this morning and they would not start, got a barometer noisy warning on the screen, it did say other things in the warning as well but it flashed off by the time i had looked at the screen and had time to read it. Any one else had one and can confirm what else it says in that warning.

Could it have been windy? Maybe the wind running over the shell of the phantom could have caused enough of a pressure fluctuation to throw off the barometer. I don't know. Just guessing here.

I think it could have been that the craft was not dead level on the grass, it was not far off but it was on a slight angle, and i do mean slight. I wondered about this when i placed the craft for warm up, but it was the most flat place i could find this time. I must stress it was slight angle i would never attempt start up with the craft quarter drunk.

Really want to know what the rest of that error warning was. :mad: Might go back and try start up again in the same spot and see if i get it again. I did move the craft on second start up after.

I start up all the time by setting my unit on grass. Doesn't concern me one bit if it's level or not. That really has nothing to do with sensors or calibration. The baramoter is for holding altitude and the GPS is for location. They work in conjunction to maintain location and altitude. They really don't have anything to do where you are taking off on level or inclined surface to begin with.
Barametric noise is mainly due to wide band and electronic noise, including quantization noise. Normally the onboard filter clears or filters out that noise. If to much noise is seen by the quad you get that error. It will clear if you do a restart and the filter does its job. Kind of like flooding a carburetor. Wait a few and restart and usually all is good. Altimeter data tends to be very noisy and accuracy is rather poor but with proper filtering and several calculations of averages the quad does a pretty good job of holding altitude. It is normally set from sea level so when you take off you may see a deviation in its calculated height and where you see you height at. In summary real time accuracy is not totally there, but with a deviation, pressure, temperature and lapse rate as well as water vapor content in the atmosphere they all effect the baramoter. This is all handles by the onboard MC and sensors. All we need to do is fly. And In case of a error get a clean fresh start up.

Reactions: bbfpv
It was only breezy this morning 6 to 10 mph max, so its nothing to do with it being level or not i just guessed it might be. Very interested to know what the rest of that error said tho, i have not heard that error being reported on here once.

It was only breezy this morning 6 to 10 mph max, so its nothing to do with it being level or not i just guessed it might be. Very interested to know what the rest of that error said tho, i have not heard that error being reported on here once.

The message states, " re power-up the battery, if this problem continues, contact DJI". I've had this occur a few times, but have not found any further info. anywhere regarding a specific cause, I merely thought it to be a possible glitch.
I've also found I will get a MC error message as result of making some adjustments within the apps camera settings..

I really doubt any help would be forthcoming from the reps at DJI, as I believe many of them are really not prepared to respond to many of the issues on the new P-3 and pilot app.
More often than not I get someone there at DJI who has either not been aware of the issue as described, or tries providing an off the cuff explanation as to the possible cause of the issue at hand, but mostly suggest sending the model in for further evaluation.

Last edited:
Cheers Skynet1, no doubt i will see the message again at some point. I still get the camera upgrade required from time to time.

There's wind blowing on the Phantom all the time. That's not an issue. Being level has no influence on barometer. Barometer is influenced by temperature change. That's a possibility. A small percentage of barometric sensors go bad from time to time.

Cheers Skynet1, no doubt i will see the message again at some point. I still get the camera upgrade required from time to time.

I too had received that message when using my Nexus 7 tablet, however the message does not appear when switching to my iPad mini 2 device. Go figure! : )

There's wind blowing on the Phantom all the time. That's not an issue. Being level has no influence on barometer. Barometer is influenced by temperature change. That's a possibility. A small percentage of barometric sensors go bad from time to time.

When you say go bad, do you mean as in need to send it back to the retailer. Or the sensor throws this message from time to time.

Anecdotally, it seems the barometer as a component is more prone than others to failing and needing replacement.

Happened to me right after I updated the iOS Pilot App to 1.1.2 (current version). Motors would not arm. I was on somewhat level ground albeit on my driveway. I had to power cycle the controller and P3 twice before it started working. I haven't seen the issue since. It wouldn't hurt to do a compass calibration though.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31