Backpack for P4P+

Reaction score
Any suggestions for a hard-shell backpack for the P4P+? I would like the capability to carry 3 batteries and I would like to spend $100 or under if possible. Thanks.

I don't want to hijack your thread but I would also love a suggestion for quality "normal" backpack that fits factory P4P styrofoam case.

I ordered this one and should get it later tonight:
517RXJ2kRsL._SL500_SS75_SS75_.jpg

Smatree SmaPac DP3000 Backpack for DJI Phantom 4 Quadcopter Drones (Original Styrofoam Case, Batteries, Propellers are NOT Included)
Smatree
Link: http://a.co/7l7oYug

Reactions: slothead
Those are pretty cool actually. Maybe I'll get one of those instead. I like I you can just put in the original foam. This makes it easy to switch between drones.

And I must say that it's good more than expected for my P4 Pro .

Good to hear. I figured this was a better option than just carrying around the beer cooler. I'll likely get a hard case for airline travel (too many flights with regional jets where I'm at) but this one seems like it will work well for local use.

Good to hear. I figured this was a better option than just carrying around the beer cooler. I'll likely get a hard case for airline travel (too many flights with regional jets where I'm at) but this one seems like it will work well for local use.

I haven't checked myself but word is that original box fits nicely and tightly in standard 22x14x9 carry-on luggage.

Reactions: hacktorious
It's nice backpack. During christmas time I've used it for 3-4 tracking path on the mountains and it fits all the stuff i need including antenna paraboloids.

If you can stretch to $150 I highly recommend the Think Tank Airport Helipak for Phantoms.

You can get it on ebay right now on sale (Think Tank TT-484 Photo Airport Helipak Backpack for DJI Phantom 2 / Vision | eBay -- no affiliation)

Think Tank makes high quality camera bags and has great customer support. When this originally came out for the P2 I think it was around $240 so it's a quality product that's smaller than the Manfrotto but with some extra room and not ridged like those bags where you just put the Styrofoam case in. You can even keep two of the props attached for a little faster setup. I'm a fan, obviously.

Those are pretty cool actually. Maybe I'll get one of those instead. I like I you can just put in the original foam. This makes it easy to switch between drones.

Just got it this evening and it fit the P4P styrofoam case perfectly. Extra room for spare batteries and other stuff. I put my MP tracker receiver in the back pouch. A pretty good use of about $66 for being able to transport the P4P on local hikes.

Ive been using the polarpro drone trekker heavily for the last 8 months. Took it all over the states and did 5 weeks trekking though mongolia with it. I can stuff 4 batteries, ipad, macbook, dslr, chargers and filters no problem.

Drone Trekker

Ive been using the polarpro drone trekker heavily for the last 8 months. Took it all over the states and did 5 weeks trekking though mongolia with it. I can stuff 4 batteries, ipad, macbook, dslr, chargers and filters no problem.

Drone Trekker
Will the P4P+ screen be able to fit in that? It looks like it from the photo, but I want to make sure.

I decided on the Lykus Upgraded. It was slightly more at $89, but has a lifetime warranty and is suitable for heavy use such as hiking. Thanks for your input.

Thanks Guys! I just ordered the SmaTree SmaPac (or whatever it's called)!

I have been really pleased with this backpack. No problem holding 6 batteries, 7 if you store one in the P4P. I also pack in an iPad mini, PolarPro filter (two 3-packs), two extra sets of props, a Marco Polo tracker, and still have the side pockets available for water or other stuff.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT