Back date RC for Ph4

Reaction score
I have a PH4 that has the latest version of firmware in it and the RC. I would like to roll back to v1.6 in the RC. However, DJI GO4 or the latest version of GO (3.1.1) do not have the graduation hat in the upper right corner to do this. Can I and if so, how do I do this? Thanks.

I'm on 3.1.1 and still have the "hat" at top right. (and it works). Maybe you could try reloading the app.

I'm on 3.1.1 and still have the "hat" at top right. (and it works). Maybe you could try reloading the app.
That is interesting. I deleated and reloaded and I still get 3 lines in upper right corner. No square hat. Don't know what is going on.

Are you waiting at the screen before entering camera view? (with picture of Phantom, and paper plane at top left). It's the "Connect your DJI device screen.

I am at the first screen that comes up has a paper plane on the left and has a picture of Mavic Pro on it and has a button that says "How to Connect". In the upper right corner are 3 short lines. If you click on that button you get a pull down with 2 choices Tutorial or Scan QR. The tutorial button is the square graduation cap. Holding it does nothing about allowing a rollback. I have even tried using an apk that is old enough to get the grad hat on it. However, when you use on that old the backdate to version 1.6 says it is for the Phantom P3P, not the Phantom P4. By the way that version will not successfully install.

Last edited:
When you get the screen showing the Mavic, you should be able to scroll across to get to the screen with the P4. Instead of 'How to Connect' it should be showing 'Camera'
If you can get the 'Hat' showing...keep your finger on it for at least 10 secs, and that should bring up the firmware screen. Obviously you need to do all this with the RC connected and on.
(I'm at a loss as to what the 3 lines are...my screen immediately shows the hat at top right .)

1.6 for the RC is the same for the P3 and P4...I've flown both on the same RC

Edit. It's 11.00 UK..off to bed.

Last edited:
That is interesting. I deleated and reloaded and I still get 3 lines in upper right corner. No square hat. Don't know what is going on.
I'm on IOS....I guess you're on Android, which is probably why there's a difference,

I'm on IOS....I guess you're on Android, which is probably why there's a difference,
Sorry for not posting sooner. Thanks for your help. It must be and IOS vs Android thing because mine does not behave like yours. Again, thanks for taking all the time to help.

Did you manage to get it sorted?
No it just doesn't want to do as I want or you said it might do I never get the grad hat unless I use v2.8.2 of the GO app and then if I use that I must be getting a corrupt V1.6 for the controller, because it will not install. Guess I have to live with v1.8 for the controler. I don't like that, because of the many reports of lousy distance on the video downlink.

In DJI GO 4 App press on the 3 lines in the top right hand corner for 3 seconds and a drop down box will appear. Make sure your RC is connected to your device.

Thank you Rob and Rockydog. I tried holding the 3 lines in GO4 Per Rob's advise. It worked. It brought up the rollback screen. However, that screen said that there were no rollbacks available. So, I dumped GO4 and reloaded GO 3.1.1 and tried holding the three lines. It worked. However 1.6 would not load. It let me load 1.58. I did a restart of the RC, then tried again. This time it let me to to 1.6. Thanks guys for all your help and putting up with a noob.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rob in Sydney.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues