Automatic gentle landing

FrankB said:
Thanks- I did this. But once the fail safe engages, you lose control of the Phantom. On my first test in my backyard, I switched the right toggle to the RTH mode (which I set-up in software), and the Phantom went straight up as it is supposed to do, but then, to my horror, started to drift towards some trees before starting to come down. I immediately switched to GPS- but it wouldn't give me back control of the Phantom. Major panic. Anyway, then I switched to Attitude and, much to my relieve, regained control of the Phantom and landed it safely.

RE: Page 14 of Manual 1.6:

(2) One position of switch S1 is set as“Failsafe”in the Assistant software, and you toggle the S1to “Failsafe”position during flight.
Then the aircraft will slowdown and hover. Then the system will enterfailsafe mode after 3 seconds.

Next: Switch the transmitter mode switch S1to the middle position (ATTI. Mode), then you will regain control.

So you must switch to ATTI mode to regain control.
This is also required for the situation where:

(1) The aircraft flies far away, transmitter is on but the signal is weak.

Then: GPS Mode: (1)the aircraft will slowdown and hover.
(2) if the signal is restored within 3 seconds (transmitter and receiver connected),the system will immediately return to normal operation; does not enter fail safe.
(3) if not reconnected within 3 sec,the system will enter fail safe,then even if the signal is restored,the system will not exit fail safe

You may want to print out the whole, page 14 for reference.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik