ATTI Mode VS GPS

Reaction score
I've been reading....mostly from inspire pilots that they fly ATTI mode and shift to GPS for staying in one place. Also explained that ATTI gives better control and video. I have been flying solely GPS since I got the phantom. I come from a heli background where I fly heading hold and control the nose with rudder. Most heli pilots do this. So, when I got the phantom, I loved the failsafe feeling of flying GPS and have not downed my phantom yet for 60 flights. May happen at anytime, just saying.

So, are you guys flying mostly ATTI or GPS? and why. I'd like to know how you guys are feeling on this. I flew ATTI for the first time last night before it got dark and really didn't notice much. I shifted to GPS right before I landed. Any thoughts?

It has been explained that there are less fly aways while using ATTI mode and that's why some of the inspire pilots do so.

I am assuming that if I fly atti mode and loose connection, it shifts to GPS and does a return flight? Someone is going to tell me to go read the manual again. Guess I better go look.

edit, yep- it does

I am assuming that if I fly atti mode and loose connection, it shifts to GPS and does a return flight? Someone is going to tell me to go read the manual again. Guess I better go look.

Yes, it does. Confirmed multiple times but you have have a home lock AND a good GPS lock while in ATTI mode. Without GPS RTH doesn't do much..

Yep, what he said :) , just be sure to get GPS and home lock before taking off. I take off it GPS mode and then switch to ATTI when needed. I will be glad when IOC HL becomes available as I liked that mode on my P2.

Yep, what he said :) , just be sure to get GPS and home lock before taking off. I take off it GPS mode and then switch to ATTI when needed. I will be glad when IOC HL becomes available as I liked that mode on my P2.

Has anybody tried IOC for Course Lock? That would be a good fail safe in the event you are way up and out and lose GPS. I've used it on the P2, but wasn't sure it was enabled properly yet on the Pilot App.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic