Area's in Manhatten where drones aren't allowed

Reaction score
Hi. I currently are in Syracuse, New York and I plan to visit some area's in Manhattan in New York City sometime down the road. Are there area's where drones aren't allowed. I understand that i'm new to the forums and as a result this is a rather easy question. I'm new to drones as a whole. That said i'd like to know more details to get started.

Update. I just took a look at what the law says. Manhattan is a no-go zone.

Reaction score
The entire city (all 5 boroughs - Manhattan, Bronx, Queens, Brooklyn, and Staten Island) is off-limits to drones with the exception of a few city parks. Note the NYC policy on drone flying on the official NYC website. Drones · NYC311

Here is an update on the NYC drone restrictions in detail. Drone Laws in NYC - Drone Laws

Last edited:
Reactions: brigerdrones

gfields

Staff Member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Hi. I currently are in Syracuse, New York and I plan to visit some area's in Manhattan in New York City sometime down the road. Are there area's where drones aren't allowed. I understand that i'm new to the forums and as a result this is a rather easy question. I'm new to drones as a whole. That said i'd like to know more details to get started.

Update. I just took a look at what the law says. Manhattan is a no-go zone.
Greetings from Birmingham Alabama, welcome to the forum!

Take advantage of the FAA drone map.

Reaction score
Unfortunately, the LAANC system is useless in NYC as it is illegal to launch.

Reactions: gfields

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xr2