Are you happy with your P3

Reaction score
Like the title says.. are all the people so far who have their Phantoms 3's wether Pro or Advance

Are you pleased with you purchase or wishing you thought more about other options

Is it everything you expected or more or even less

Yes. Finally something to do with that Nexus 7 tablet that has been sitting in a drawer. Really nice to just hook the device to the controller with a cable vs. needing to deal with all the wifi nonsense we had with the Phantom 2.

Also, like the new controller MUCH better--the extra buttons and scroll wheels really help.

Reactions: dysan911
No i am not to happy, updating it was a ***** until the newest firmware come out, i am also getting much more vibration / jello effect then i did on my P2+. it feels like a downgrade from the P2+ for me anyway. ill be contacting DJI about the jello/vibration to see what they suggest

Have you check your props, they are in balance? My Advanced has quite unbalanced all props. I use Dupro balancer, before the first flight and I have not notice any jello.

Not happy with mine. As stated above some people are experiencing bad video. I would expect better having spent £1200 on it. I didn't spend this to get an item that is not producing what I expected. It will be interesting to see how I get on with the seller. I am also disappointed on how these are being packaged and sent out and suspect that this may be causing damage to them.

I am so **** happy! Mine works like a charm. Firmware is easy to update if you can follow directions. It flys so stable you don't have to worry as much about constant control.

Watch the video!!!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Cyclone
Yes mostly, not really took it through its paces yet but love the way it handles. Took it up to 400 feet and it was as steady as a rock. Love the controller and light bridge.

My only reservation so far is with the camera, stills are fine but I need to get to grips with the video settings, the first video was too bright, the next one was too dark in parts and occasionally the brightness seemed to flicker. It will definitely benefit from a ND filter which I will purchase as soon as they become available.

Very pleased! I love the quality of 4k videos! Comparing the same scenes against my P2V+ vids on a retina screen shows how poor the old videos were. Like night and day!

Fixed jello by balancing the props, so just minor vibrations left in video to sort out (will post a question on that another day after trying a bit of research first).

No i am not to happy, updating it was a ***** until the newest firmware come out, i am also getting much more vibration / jello effect then i did on my P2+. it feels like a downgrade from the P2+ for me anyway. ill be contacting DJI about the jello/vibration to see what they suggest
I to am seeing a lot more jello than on my p2+ especially when start moving or stop moving also see a lot when just hovering in on spot :mad: I balanced the props (which only the silver ones were off) that had no effect. Mabey need different support balls stiffer or longer or softer I don't know. Did notice my flights today with less wind were better than yesterdays with 10-15mph but still a lot more than i had on my p2+ Do love the hd view though but need to solve the jello thing and get RTH issue fixed as well as ability to set home point in flight like we could before

Last edited:
I to am seeing a lot more jello than on my p2+ especially when start moving or stop moving also see a lot when just hovering in on spot :mad: I balanced the props (which only the silver ones were off) that had no effect. Mabey need different support balls stiffer or longer or softer I don't know. To love the hd view though but need to solve the jello thing and get RTH issue fixed as well as ability to set home point in flight like we could before
Thats because you have a gold plaque on the side of yours and its heating up too much with the sun :)

Reactions: skyhighdiver
Very happy. Wish it had waypoints but they are on the way. Can't believe how easy it is. I've adopted grab and power down instead of landing and really like this.

I am so **** happy! Mine works like a charm. Firmware is easy to update if you can follow directions. It flys so stable you don't have to worry as much about constant control.

Watch the video!!!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Very nice and a good subject matter to video

Glad your happy with yours ... seems like mixed feelings here

As for me Yep Im happy... wishing that maybe I should have gone Pro

As the saying goes.. Pre order in haste regret at leisure Lol

I am happy, but also have a jello effect on first flight. Only thing that boders me is that left stick on controller turn off the motors when you pull it down for 3 second. I am little bit scared what will happen if I turn off the motors when I want just to reduce the gas.

I love mine and wake every morning, check the weather and decide wether I'll sneak in a pre work, lunchtime, or post work flight during the week. I'm looking forward to receiving my second battery and planning some trips away that include interesting locations to shoot. The Phantom 3 is everything I could ask for in a quad.

Like the title says.. are all the people so far who have their Phantoms 3's wether Pro or Advance

Are you pleased with you purchase or wishing you thought more about other options

Is it everything you expected or more or even less

Tech support is non existent at this time -- have a motor issue -- cant get any anwers.

Very nice and a good subject matter to video

Glad your happy with yours ... seems like mixed feelings here

As for me Yep Im happy... wishing that maybe I should have gone Pro

As the saying goes.. Pre order in haste regret at leisure Lol

Any idea on how to open it up and replace a motor? not the same as the 1 and 2.... there is something else holding the top of the copter removed all 12 screws and it will not come apart.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic