Are Pro and Std version of camera/gimbal system interchangeable

Reaction score
Hi all,
My first post here, so greetings to all :)
Im interested to know can one put the camera system from Pro version to Std phantom?

thx and sorry if the question has alreday been asked...search didn'y yield any results on that subject.

UPDATE:I am aware that Pro version has fan for cooling. Could that be a problem for instalation. Can I add Adv. gimbal/camera system?

Last edited:
It's been asked before and the answer was always "Definitely not". But I cannot speak from personal experience.
Like my dear old Daddy said: "Anyone can make the right part work, it takes a mechanic to make the wrong part work!"

No........ Not a straight swap, and to the extent it might be done probably not be worth the effort/cost.

Pro 4K camera at top.

Notice the significant differences in the connectors.

img_0200-png.67151
img_0201-png.67150

yeah. they have different connectors apart from that fan.
Here is the picture of connectors for Std. version.
They share one connector, i guess its the power and controls for motors?
The Std. had 2 connectores for wifi antenna. I guess one could modify the pins/connectors, but than again it's not an easy task :/

medium_9.jpg

yeah. they have different connectors apart from that fan.
Here is the picture of connectors for Std. version.
They share one connector, i guess its the power and controls for motors?
The Std. had 2 connectores for wifi antenna. I guess one could modify the pins/connectors, but than again it's not an easy task :/

medium_9.jpg
Connector modifications won't get you close. The standard has the wifi video downlink incorporated and the pro has the pre encoding for lightbridge. Totally different mainboards.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic