Apparent problems with DJI firmware etc?

Reaction score
Hi,

I recently read that there are/were problems with either the latest APP or latest firmware (iOS) in respect of the P3 Pro.

I am not really sure what the problem is, but has this/these issues been acknowledged by DJI and if not (are the problems speculation. I looked site and I can't see anything relating to problems with the APP or firmware. Surely, if there are issues, DJI would not have the current firmware ans APP available for download.

I can't really recall what the issues are, if any ... can anyone help with the problem description.

Should I not fly, if there are in fact problems.

Much obliged for this important question .. (at least to me it is)

Lewis

Hi,

I recently read that there are/were problems with either the latest APP or latest firmware (iOS) in respect of the P3 Pro.

I am not really sure what the problem is, but has this/these issues been acknowledged by DJI and if not (are the problems speculation. I looked site and I can't see anything relating to problems with the APP or firmware. Surely, if there are issues, DJI would not have the current firmware ans APP available for download.

I can't really recall what the issues are, if any ... can anyone help with the problem description.

Should I not fly, if there are in fact problems.

Much obliged for this important question .. (at least to me it is)

Lewis
I flew iOS 2.8.7 and firmware 1.9 on my p3p and no issues. If you aren't running into issues, don't worry about it. It's like being afraid your cars airbag won't go off because some cabbie in Russia took a piss on the side of the road. It doesn't affect ya, keep doing what you are doing man.

Problems are unique to each person. I don't know of an issue that exists for everyone. If you read a lot of posts about these issues, why would you not know what they are? If they apply to you, would you not know it?

DJI is known for releasing firmware that has major issues. In one case they ended up pulling firmware a few hours after it was released.

Problems are unique to each person. I don't know of an issue that exists for everyone. If you read a lot of posts about these issues, why would you not know what they are? If they apply to you, would you not know it?

DJI is known for releasing firmware that has major issues. In one case they ended up pulling firmware a few hours after it was released.

That is my point exactly. No, I have had no problems at all, but folks are saying that there are issues with updates etc ... so in the interest of being cautious and surely if people are saying that it is a firmware/app issues ... we should not fly. If an APP or firmware problem does exist - it will 'knock on my door sometime?

And of course ... I can't quote verbatim what others have alluded to in terms of 'problems with software', I am simply recalling comments that blamed the firmware/APP etc.

You will see issues on this site way before any show up on dji.com. I can't only think of 1, maybe 2, instances where dji came in and developed a patch for an issue. Last fall was one of those times but there was a huge amount of failures before they even addressed the problem.

I remember is 2014 having to wait 5 weeks for a update to fix issue a lot were having. My a/c was grounded that entire time and it sure did suck!

Because of these things is why most oldtimers take precautions and wait 10-14 days before upgrading. Or as I do now and stop upgrading altogether when you feel good and are happy with your aircraft. I'm on version 1.4.1 now. I know just what kind of flight I will each time it goes up that I will have. It does make a difference being able to have a piece of mind while flying.

That is my point exactly. No, I have had no problems at all, but folks are saying that there are issues with updates etc ... so in the interest of being cautious and surely if people are saying that it is a firmware/app issues ... we should not fly. If an APP or firmware problem does exist - it will 'knock on my door sometime?

And of course ... I can't quote verbatim what others have alluded to in terms of 'problems with software', I am simply recalling comments that blamed the firmware/APP etc.

in 2 years of reading forums 1 thing stays the same:

someone, somewhere ALWAYS will have an issue with FW updates...
many many more normally do not..

if the FW has been out for a while it is USUALLY not going to hurt upgrading..

either way , just fly and enjoy..
don't over think problem's that MAY never apply!

good luck and have fun flying!

Because of these things is why most oldtimers take precautions and wait 10-14 days before upgrading. Or as I do now and stop upgrading altogether when you feel good and are happy with your aircraft. I'm on version 1.4.1 now. I know just what kind of flight I will each time it goes up that I will have. It does make a difference being able to have a piece of mind while flying.

You should be okay with that but there are draw backs to that as well. For example, perhaps DJI added a lot of battery warnings into the firmware since you upgraded. They had added a lot in the past few updates, one limits your speed when the batteries are cold. So perhaps you've never run into this situation before and the new firmware could help in a future flight. It's a tough call when updating.

The BIG (and only) problem is that DJI does not offer any real disclosure about what changes the firmware made. This is a _HUGE_ disservice to their customers. Pretty much every other company lets people know what changes updates provide. I see no reason why DJI would do it any differently.

in 2 years of reading forums 1 thing stays the same:

someone, somewhere ALWAYS will have an issue with FW updates...
many many more normally do not..

if the FW has been out for a while it is USUALLY not going to hurt upgrading..

either way , just fly and enjoy..
don't over think problem's that MAY never apply!

good luck and have fun flying!

Cheers ..... Thanks again

I am using DJI for almost a year now and upgraded 4 FW and now on the latest FW without encountering a single issue.
Enjoy Flying just observe drone flying on a 3 meters high for a minute if no abnormalities seen (like sounds and hover issue) then fly it high and enjoy the Toy!

I am using DJI for almost a year now and upgraded 4 FW and now on the latest FW without encountering a single issue.
Enjoy Flying just observe drone flying on a 3 meters high for a minute if no abnormalities seen (like sounds and hover issue) then fly it high and enjoy the Toy!

Thanks for advice ... Much obliged

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.