Anything I should do when re-selling a Phantom 4?

Reaction score
Hey guys, so I was hoping to get some information from anyone that may have sold a drone in the past. I want to make sure that I am protected from anything the future buyer may do with it, since I registered it when I purchased it. I would hate for the buyer to do damage and it fall on me.

What sort of information should I get, or am I allowed to get when selling a drone? I've used my phantom 4 once for like 15 minutes and haven't used it since. It was gifted to me, and I just don't have a use for it. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Hey guys, so I was hoping to get some information from anyone that may have sold a drone in the past. I want to make sure that I am protected from anything the future buyer may do with it, since I registered it when I purchased it. I would hate for the buyer to do damage and it fall on me.

What sort of information should I get, or am I allowed to get when selling a drone? I've used my phantom 4 once for like 15 minutes and haven't used it since. It was gifted to me, and I just don't have a use for it. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
all

WOW yours actually connected and flew?

That is INCREDIBLE!!! Wish I could say the same. Got mine and no dice! Evidently after a highly exhausting troubleshooting by DUO's highly trainedcEnginees it was first determined that becausmyvIpad was running IOS 9, that was the definitive reason, after 2 days of scratching their head. So... not the iPad, and finally they said it was a bad controller which would take 2-3 weeks to replace. Hmmmm...tough decision... ship the wholesale of carp back thru Amazon, OR wait 2-3 weeks?
I decided to go with plan B and it all back, get my money back, and oh yeah...buy a "known" good quality product which.. btw who's 1 star's are not at 24 percent. So I wish you all well,... but run away children, as fast as you can''''

all

WOW yours actually connected and flew?

That is INCREDIBLE!!! Wish I could say the same. Got mine and no dice! Evidently after a highly exhausting troubleshooting by DUO's highly trainedcEnginees it was first determined that becausmyvIpad was running IOS 9, that was the definitive reason, after 2 days of scratching their head. So... not the iPad, and finally they said it was a bad controller which would take 2-3 weeks to replace. Hmmmm...tough decision... ship the wholesale of carp back thru Amazon, OR wait 2-3 weeks?
I decided to go with plan B and it all back, get my money back, and oh yeah...buy a "known" good quality product which.. btw who's 1 star's are not at 24 percent. So I wish you all well,... but run away children, as fast as you can''''

That sounds like a pretty crappy situation for you, sorry to hear that. I've only used mine once and briefly, but had no issues at all. It was actually quite simple to get going. With that said though, drones are electronic and just like any other electronics, sometimes there are some defective/bad ones. It sounds to me like you were one of the unfortunate that got a bad one, but I wouldn't label them all as failures :)

This question has come up many times. You could get some good information from the archives. I have read there is nothing to worry about. When they open the app. they are the ones that log in and everything goes in their name.

When I got my p4 in September, it flys like a charm. It’s a great drone!

This question has come up many times. You could get some good information from the archives. I have read there is nothing to worry about. When they open the app. they are the ones that log in and everything goes in their name.

When I got my p4 in September, it flys like a charm. It’s a great drone!

I should have done that, thank you!

Agreed, it was easier than I expected to get it all setup and going. It's just too bad that I don't have a use for it, otherwise I'd love to hang onto it.

I should have done that, thank you!

Agreed, it was easier than I expected to get it all setup and going. It's just too bad that I don't have a use for it, otherwise I'd love to hang onto it.
We are all different. To me, I cannot see why you couldn’t use it. Are you not into photography, travel, just flying is fun, in seeing things from a different perspective. Try it with FPV goggles. I do understand, my son is a gamer. I think fresh air would kill him. Lol

We are all different. To me, I cannot see why you couldn’t use it. Are you not into photography, travel, just flying is fun, in seeing things from a different perspective. Try it with FPV goggles. I do understand, my son is a gamer. I think fresh air would kill him. Lol

That's right, I don't know a thing when it comes to photography. There is nothing in my area that would be interesting enough to shoot with a drone anyways.

That sounds like a pretty crappy situation for you, sorry to hear that. I've only used mine once and briefly, but had no issues at all. It was actually quite simple to get going. With that said though, drones are electronic and just like any other electronics, sometimes there are some defective/bad ones. It sounds to me like you were one of the unfortunate that got a bad one, but I wouldn't label them all as failures :)

Hi sorry to hear you sell,no i think be fine on this,once you sign out of app on home page,you need your email address again to log in,no one has that info,when new owner buys they use their email to sign into app on their device,if you want to go step furthur heres pic of email adress
1510359466033-617827056.jpg
:)

Just pull your label off it before you see., ie the FAA number which is a label, or even a magic marker to put your registration number.

All of the above is relatively good information, well almost all, as there had been reports of an incident where the FAA was actually able to track the owner via DJI part #'s associated with a recovered aircraft involved in an incident. That being said simply pulling off an FAA identifier or other such process may not accomplish what intended, and only lead to further incrimination.
If you sell privately, you may want to write up a brief bill of sale with the serial # of the aircraft and ID of the new owner, detailing specifically what was sold and to whom, dated and signed by the buyer, as well as yourself. A witness to this transaction if possible would also be good.
If the A/C was sold via E-Bay or other such electronic means, there would be a record of the transaction generated which you may then refer to.
Hope this helps, although this posting is dated, all the best with your sale.

Last edited:
Reactions: DroneTurismo
Hmm, there is no liability once you sell it.

If not mistaken, I believe there may have been some concern by the OP as to how one may show the model had actually changed hands, and was no longer owned, in addition to de-registration thru DJI, or by simply removing a registration # from the model.
Then again, the info. offered was simply a suggestion, and not a legal interpretation of liability, or in the form of legal advice, as I'm not an attorney. : )

Agree with bill of sale. Time and date. Both of you sign it. Anything happens after that shows it had changed ownership.

Reactions: Skynet1

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues