Anyone up here in Nebraska?

av8inglife said:
anyone interested in a fly day sometime somewhere at a good spot?

i'm game! let me know. My number is 210-722-6891

I can get away this weekend for a short while. Got any good spots we could meet?

I've been doing a bit of flying at Haworth Park in Bellevue - not terribly interesting except for the bridge and the river. There is a very nice open area to the West with about 700 meters of clear field along the river. It would easily have room for several airframes at the same time. However, I wouldn't mind going somewhere new.

Well it looks like this weekend has taken a turn for the colder and windy side yet again so i guess we will have to wait still :evil:

enough already

I'm in Omaha and have a P2. Still learning how to fly....but as the weather clears up to a warmer degree, we should organize a meetup at Lake Zorinski.... what are you thoughts?

1024Bits said:
I'm in Omaha and have a P2. Still learning how to fly....but as the weather clears up to a warmer degree, we should organize a meetup at Lake Zorinski.... what are you thoughts?

i'm game! I live in Lavista so not too far from there. I would love to come out and fly

Brothainchrist06 said:
1024Bits said:

i'm game! I live in Lavista so not too far from there. I would love to come out and fly

Ok let's watch the weather and play it by forums :) We have some good weather this weekend....with low winds!

http://www.weather.com/weather/5-day/68135

I certainly hope the prediction for wind speeds holds true. I have been watching the weather like a hawk from multiple sources recently and it has been pretty terrible. Winds have almost always been WAY more than advertised and some of the "windy days" have brought forth still air.

Fingers crossed though. Trying to be optimistic.

Hey guys, I didnt know if any of you guys locally would be interested but I have a gopro hero3 silver for sale. I bought it and then they came out with the 3+ so i'm just looking to upgrade. Comes with plenty of extras and it is in perfect shape. Let me know.

Thanks!
kyle
210-722-6891

Looks likes the forecast of Omaha on Saturday will let me get some flight time logged for a change.

Rick

Today has been absolutely perfect for flying...unfortunately for me I was stuck at work for it all day. :cry:

Still plenty of day light left yet though may still try and head out

Anybody know if we are allowed to fly around freely in Omaha? Can i fly at memorial park and also downtown over the river?

Brothainchrist06 said:
Anybody know if we are allowed to fly around freely in Omaha? Can i fly at memorial park and also downtown over the river?

I don't believe there are codes against it. Just stay away from people - if you get a complaint, they will use a law that is already in place to harass you. I did about 10 minutes hovering just above the guard rail on the Bellevue Bridge (but out over the side - if it fell, it would either hit the river bank or splash). I think there was only one person who saw it - and he was a truck driver who sounded his horn and waived (nicely). I want to go back with my 5.4 mm lens and get more detailed shots. This one is soft due to cropping in post.

Attachments

• truck on bellevue bridge.jpg
    truck on bellevue bridge.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 375
av8inglife said:
So far, Winds are forecast to be low this weekend. Anyone going to be out?

I will be out - but at a fireworks meet South of Papillion. Hope to get some close and personal footage. Will probably fly my P1 so if it gets hit, I won't be crying - I've already crashed a P2 this year ... still waiting for parts for it. Bought another so I'm now Phantom poor. I have a couple of larger airframes but I'm not risking them at night in the middle of fireworks.

ladykate said:
av8inglife said:
So far, Winds are forecast to be low this weekend. Anyone going to be out?

I will be out - but at a fireworks meet South of Papillion. Hope to get some close and personal footage. Will probably fly my P1 so if it gets hit, I won't be crying - I've already crashed a P2 this year ... still waiting for parts for it. Bought another so I'm now Phantom poor. I have a couple of larger airframes but I'm not risking them at night in the middle of fireworks.

oh wow, that would be really cool. If you get some cool shots, post them on here. Are you using a gopro?

ladykate said:
Brothainchrist06 said:

I don't believe there are codes against it. Just stay away from people - if you get a complaint, they will use a law that is already in place to harass you. I did about 10 minutes hovering just above the guard rail on the Bellevue Bridge (but out over the side - if it fell, it would either hit the river bank or splash). I think there was only one person who saw it - and he was a truck driver who sounded his horn and waived (nicely). I want to go back with my 5.4 mm lens and get more detailed shots. This one is soft due to cropping in post.

is that using a gopro? What settings? that looks great

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers