Anyone up here in Nebraska?

Hey local guys! I am currently in Omaha nebraska and I just bought a TK-102b gps tracker to put on my phantom. I have a question for you guys tho, does anybody else have one of these and which pay as you go sim card would be the best? as of now, I am probably going to get a gophone sim card from walmart. I have no idea how their coverage is tho.

Brothainchrist06 said:
Hey local guys! I am currently in Omaha nebraska and I just bought a TK-102b gps tracker to put on my phantom. I have a question for you guys tho, does anybody else have one of these and which pay as you go sim card would be the best? as of now, I am probably going to get a gophone sim card from walmart. I have no idea how their coverage is tho.

GoPhone is AT&T and Nebraska for 'pay as you go' is the worst. However, it looks like they cover the Missouri river basin well (see: http://www.att.com/maps/wireless-covera ... s7bpSUeTGq ) It should work around Omaha and out a few miles.

I bought the dog tracker but haven't set it up as yet.

Brothainchrist06 said:

Hello!

Unfortunately I can't say I have any experience in that area as I have not used one. The GPS unit looks fairly large..where do you intend to mount it?
I need to look more into a GPS solution for a future application.

av8inglife said:
Unfortunately I can't say I have any experience in that area as I have not used one. The GPS unit looks fairly large..where do you intend to mount it?
I need to look more into a GPS solution for a future application.

I have the TAGG so I was going to just hang it on the bottom (it is fairly small) with Velcro. But I haven't done it as yet. The bottom isn't ideal but I didn't want to cover the GPS of the airplane.

Probably the most exciting box I've opened in a while.

Phantom 2
Zemuse
Predator V2 Kit
Spironets for vTX and the Goggles
iOSD mini
Extra battery

Now just need some warmer weather....and an excuse to tell the woman why my aircraft collection has grown yet again :lol:

Attachments

• phantom.jpg
    phantom.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 462
av8inglife said:
Probably the most exciting box I've opened in a while.

Phantom 2
Zemuse
Predator V2 Kit
Spironets for vTX and the Goggles
iOSD mini
Extra battery

Now just need some warmer weather....and an excuse to tell the woman why my aircraft collection has grown yet again :lol:

jeeze! That is quite the package! I wish i had ur income!

Lol, well than I wish I had the permission to spend my tax return like u :) mine is all going towards bills.

av8inglife said:
Brothainchrist06 said:
jeeze! That is quite the package! I wish i had ur income!

So do I haha :lol: I've had my tax return pre-spent on this for a while now

It's called acquisition disorder. Welcome to the group. I'm seriously considering (after purchasing the package you have) another airframe. It is a sickness. But... hey, it is cheaper than a boat.

Wasn't too bad of a day today. Fingers got a little chilly around the 15 min mark each time but I was able to burn a few battereys at some various locations today :cool: :D

Attachments

• memorial 3-8.jpg
    memorial 3-8.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 410
  • memorial 3-8-2.jpg
    memorial 3-8-2.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 375
Nice. Great subject matter.

I went down to Haworth and got my favorite building. Making a 'Bellevue Montage' right now. Only thing I have is a 10 second clip (out of three batteries on a 550). Will put it together as I get more shots.

I've been working on my own little clip video of various flying around here as well.

Ill throw up some teaser shots

Attachments

• lake ice 1.jpg
    lake ice 1.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 360
  • lake ice 2.jpg
    lake ice 2.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 372
  • pedestrian 1.jpg
    pedestrian 1.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 406
Anyone one around with a battery charger? :!: :!:

Went to charge my batteries and I realized I left it at work..and it closed today :shock:

Of course the weather is good now

av8inglife said:
Anyone one around with a battery charger? :!: :!:

Went to charge my batteries and I realized I left it at work..and it closed today :shock:

Of course the weather is good now

P1 or P2?

av8inglife said:
P2 probably should have specified.

anyone wanna do lunch and charge some batteries :lol:

Ach... I'm charging mine as we speak and then out to do some tests. I had some charged P1 batteries I could have swapped.

av8inglife said:
Holy Wind! At least I don't feel so bad about the lack of a charger today. :?

Yep. Started out twice and delayed. It was supposed to be 16 mph.... more like 20 or 25 with gusts where I am. Way too strong to do anything down where I was going to be (on the river). The winds down there are probably much worse.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj