Anyone tried a zoom lens in the P3?

I use mine to inspect radio towers and would love to find a zoom lens also for a p4p. Never found one yet. Let me know if u do. Crashed 3 drones so far trying to get close enough
I also inspect radio towers both self supporters and guyed. I have only crashed one and that was due to interference since our towers operate on the same freq's as our drones. Harsh environment to operate in isn't it. Wish there was a slightly longer lens, it would allow us to get better video/photos with a little more distance.

Last edited:
I called the company that markets lenses for the P3. In order to get the lens focused at infinity, it is necessary to make some adjustments. I would probably do it iteratively. Install the lens with an initial setting. Capture some video, view it on a wide screen TV, adjust the lens setting, and then repeat until the focus is optimized. It would be a bit time consuming, but this should work. The reason for inspecting the footage on a wide screen TV is that it is hard to tell when the focus is optimized on the small screen of an iPad. However, some time could be saved by doing the first few adjustments using the iPad. Then really zero in on the focus with a large picture. One concern I have is that the range of focus narrows when you use a higher magnification. With the stock lens, I have found that the focus is always great for objects that are close or far. This probably won't be the case after changing the lens.

I have similar thoughts for my p4p, I wonder if those clip-on iphone lenses could work... I'd never open up the (several hundred $ worth) camera and replace the original lens... (peau doesn't have lenses for the 1" sensor anyway).

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20