Anyone in Stone Mountain, GA - Metro Atl

Reaction score
Greeting ya'll I am a brand new quadcopter owner and having a hard time finding places to practice basic skills. Found and RC club near me in Stone Mountain but unfortunately the land they use owned by the park and they've had troubles with drones so they have prohibited drone flying.

I have a real estate photo biz and plan to get the 107 FAA commercial drone license. Would love to find folks in the area. To network with or just simply to find some open areas nearby to practice. Any folks willing to share their skills and knowledge a plus. I am a very experienced still photographer both commercially and fine art and I can offer to trade with skilled drone pilots for lessons.

Regards,

Pepe

Reactions: JWH
I am south of you. I am in Peachtree City, GA. I have the Part 107, a drone, and a digital SLR. It would be great to meetup sometime and trades notes.

Hey JWH thanks for your response. I am currently dealing with some health issues and having major surgery mid Jan
I should be up and about by March and we could "exchange notes" then.
Do you fly your drone commercially? in what field? Any links I can view samples of your drone work?
You can view samples of my commercial architectural/real estate photography @ www.facebook.com/pepepabanphotography/
and samples of my landscape and botanical abstract photography @ www.facebook.com/botanicalabstracts/
You can Mesage me through either link if you have any questions or anything you'd like to discuss outside of this forum.

Regards,

Pepe

Hello and welcome to the forum Pepe.

Hey JWH thanks for your response. I am currently dealing with some health issues and having major surgery mid Jan
I should be up and about by March and we could "exchange notes" then.
Do you fly your drone commercially? in what field? Any links I can view samples of your drone work?
You can view samples of my commercial architectural/real estate photography @ www.facebook.com/pepepabanphotography/
and samples of my landscape and botanical abstract photography @ www.facebook.com/botanicalabstracts/
You can Mesage me through either link if you have any questions or anything you'd like to discuss outside of this forum.

Regards,

Pepe

I will send you a message. Those are some great pictures! I am sorry to hear about the health issues. I hope all goes well.

I hope everything goes well for you, Joepepe

Just got a new P4P getting used to it.
I live in Sandy Springs...could not find many places to fly near me.
Any suggestions, please?

Greeting ya'll I am a brand new quadcopter owner and having a hard time finding places to practice basic skills. Found and RC club near me in Stone Mountain but unfortunately the land they use owned by the park and they've had troubles with drones so they have prohibited drone flying.

I have a real estate photo biz and plan to get the 107 FAA commercial drone license. Would love to find folks in the area. To network with or just simply to find some open areas nearby to practice. Any folks willing to share their skills and knowledge a plus. I am a very experienced still photographer both commercially and fine art and I can offer to trade with skilled drone pilots for lessons.

Regards,

Pepe
Hi, Join us in the Air! Fairburn, GA Got Drones! Got Skills! Game On In The Air!
Bring your drones and hang out in the Air! Participate in the Drone Aerial Games, Saturday, May 5th! Will have separate fields for racing drones and Drone Rodeo with drones like DJI drones and other live camera feed drones!
Global Drone Day-Aerial Games

Reactions: JWH
Hi, Join us in the Air! Fairburn, GA Got Drones! Got Skills! Game On In The Air!
Bring your drones and hang out in the Air! Participate in the Drone Aerial Games, Saturday, May 5th! Will have separate fields for racing drones and Drone Rodeo with drones like DJI drones and other live camera feed drones!
Global Drone Day-Aerial Games
That sounds like a lot of fun! Thanks for posting.

I am south of you. I am in Peachtree City, GA. I have the Part 107, a drone, and a digital SLR. It would be great to meetup sometime and trades notes.

Hey I've been thinking about going for the Part 107, what would you recommend to do in terms of preparation?

Hey I've been thinking about going for the Part 107, what would you recommend to do in terms of preparation?

There are numerous courses for people who are starting from scratch. I'm sorry that I am not much help on recommending one. I was an airplane pilot already and took a small course and test on the F.A.A. web site to add the Part 107 to my Part 61.

For me the test was mostly what not to do, like not flying over people, line of sight, 5 miles of the airport, etc. For a non pilot, I would recommend studying and learning how to read the aeronautical charts. You could continue on and get a private pilot certificate!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers