Anyone heard of the company "MicroDrones"

Reaction score
was just bored the other day searching around for drone stuff..
came across a German company (or atleast there made in Germany) who had what looked to be commercial style drones.. Reason I say commercial is it looks like there target market is commercial as opposed to hobbyist (or photography). i.e checking towers, bridges etc etc..

They had one that can have up to 88 minutes of flying time!!
It also has a crap load of diff attachments... diff types of camera, gas detectors, thermal etc etc...

http://www.microdrones.com/en/products/md4-1000/at-a-glance/

Went to a few distributor sites to try get an idea on cost but looks like you need to send in your details and they will send you a quote based on your requirements...

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with it, or knows anything about them ? specifically prices ??

A friend is looking for something that can fly for an hour so thought this might be good.. but I estimated way out of his price range... Might just get him to request a quote, but thought I'd ask here first.

Still amazed at the 88 mins flying time.. its not a large unit, well doesn't look to large so I wonder how they have such a huge flight time... Its also rated to fly upto 1km, height wise... they have 3 diff models, the top model is rated to 4k height... LETS NOT DISCUSS THE LEGALITIES OF HOW STUPID FLYING THAT HIGH IS... I am just mentioning it :)

Is this not it Justin ?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
:eek: sorry..thought it was just going to be the link

Ok, but it has some reference to cost for new...calculate inflation into 50K Euro and I'll bet you're close.... ;) But then you have the package cost "deal" for about 18K used. Still unreasonable.

Flight time; longer props, lower KV motors and a couple of huge batteries.

I saw a hybrid hex video yesterday, gas and electric. Had about 2 hours flight time....on 1 gallon of gas. IIRC In prototype phase.

May want to consider an RC glider with electric turbine booster. You could fly all day with that setup.

Reactions: IflyinWY
Ok, but it has some reference to cost for new...calculate inflation into 50K Euro and I'll bet you're close.... ;) But then you have the package cost "deal" for about 18K used. Still unreasonable.

Flight time; longer props, lower KV motors and a couple of huge batteries.

I saw a hybrid hex video yesterday, gas and electric. Had about 2 hours flight time....on 1 gallon of gas. IIRC In prototype phase.

May want to consider an RC glider with electric turbine booster. You could fly all day with that setup.

I think you should start a thread of interesting links in Off Topic RichWest. Sounds like you've found some jewels. :)

wow that thing is massive dirk.. that explains the long flight time... looked phantom sized from the pics lol...

Reactions: dirkclod
I think you should start a thread of interesting links in Off Topic RichWest. Sounds like you've found some jewels. :)
May just do that....thanks!

@dirkclod & @IflyinWY, sounds like you guys are trying to get rid of me....;)

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers