Anyone else get the front of the lens off?

Reaction score
I have seen threads where people removed the front section of the lens. I have given it a try, many times, without any luck. I do not want to break it and have applied quite a bit of force to move it, but it will not budge.

I have seen threads where people removed the front section of the lens. I have given it a try, many times, without any luck. I do not want to break it and have applied quite a bit of force to move it, but it will not budge.
I've read people who've had success have used double sided tape applied to the cap for better grip. I've also read some who were applying too much force, making it more difficult than just applying a small bit and twisting it off.

Me too. But I am wondering if the lens/cap on the P2 vision+ is different than the P3, and maybe the P3 not intended to be removed. We'll see.

I thought it wouldn't unscrew but I was using too much force - before I gave up I used a gentle grip as opposed to a vice like grip and it did indeed unscrew...

I haven't unscrewed it all the way as I've nothing to replace it with anyway - yet ;)

I haven't tried mine but I think maybe it's thin plastic and when you turn it, you are binding the threads. Just easy turn. I've seen where it comes off by putting a rubber band around the lens cover just to grip it.

Fat rubber band around the cap with a firm but not overly tight grip should do it.

I tried firstly with a vice like death grip and it wouldn't budge, gentle grip is the way to do it. I would hazard a guess that if DJI release some ND filters they will screw on in place of this current lens cap.

I thought it wouldn't unscrew but I was using too much force - before I gave up I used a gentle grip as opposed to a vice like grip and it did indeed unscrew...
+1
I've just been trying to remove mine with too much force and wasn't getting anywhere. Just happened to see this and what would you know, a gentle grip did the trick! Thanks!

Clock or Counter Clock wise? Seeing it's China anything can happen.

No one could be more apprehensive or nervous than I was, when I first tried to unscrew the front glass. But the tip to use a rubber band is the way to go; it worked for me straight away. And if it worked for me, it will work for any one.

Just tried it and well? It turned like butter easy, ND filters this week so should be no problem here. I was expecting it would need a strong twist but it did not.
Also it was cold when I did it.

Mine also came of very easily. I read another thread about this and was also expecting it to be difficult to remove.

I have had success, using a thin piece of rubber, that is similar to the type usec to open jar caps.
I am including a pic.
This works great.
DO NOT APPLY A LOT OF FORCE. THE LENS HAS FINE ALUMINUM THREADS.

Attachments

• 20150601_105208[1].jpg
    20150601_105208[1].jpg
    224.9 KB · Views: 388

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31