Anyone else get cracks here?

Reaction score
It's not a problem, not yet anyway I might take some super glue to it. Is this common or am I the only one?
20200720_100444.jpg
20200720_100444.jpg

Do a search on cracks and think you will be surprised at the threads
and the differant methods to fix it.

Mine's fine after five years - can only think you've been twisting it during installation/removal of your monitor.

IMG_7833.jpg

Last edited:
I tried but I didn't find anything, I'll try again with different words.

It must somehow be from constant twisting type movement over time. What do you use to fly with?
I use a Nvidia K1 Shield which is almost as big as the holder will accept and I think my son used an iPad of some sort.

Shouldn't cause any real problems but if you're going to use some sort of glue I would disconnect the holder, undo the screw before applying.
Not sure what glue would stick to this plastic material, maybe Gorilla of some sort?

Latly I’ve been using superglue the very quicky sprinkling some baking soda on it. Put to much though and you will be grinding the excess
off. Talk about setting up fast. I saw it being done here in a thread talking about filling chips in carbon fiber. They would put a little in the
damages area then the soda,remove excess the repeat till it was built
up.

If it remains a problem after your repair, it's a very easily replaceable part. Many trashed remotes out there. Luckily, It's used on several different models. I've seen aftermarket but would suggest a used OEM. Good luck, go fly.

Think it was dropped. More likely than normal stress?

I just relooked at your picture after reading the above post and sorry I was just trying to scan to many threads at one time.Saw cracked and immediately thought of the stress cracks that were a problem around
the motors. My bad. If that was mine I would just do the superglue
and soda while moving the bracket not to have it stick Or remove the pin as was posted That didn’t work I would make like a splint to glue over both sides or use something like JB Weld .

Added/ is that just not the holder like on a inspire , I bought those to mod with before and was less than 20 bucks. I use one with my Mavic controller, Course I switched the plastic bottom with a. Aluminum peice.
image.jpg

Last edited:
Latly I’ve been using superglue the very quicky sprinkling some baking soda on it. Put to much though and you will be grinding the excess
off. Talk about setting up fast. I saw it being done here in a thread talking about filling chips in carbon fiber. They would put a little in the
damages area then the soda,remove excess the repeat till it was built
up.

Put the baking soda in the crack 1st , then a drop or two of super glue. Micro balloons work even better: You are being redirected...

Reactions: dirkclod
Ha laughed at thread title, I'm sure we all got cracks and in some strange places
Thankfully just me and my drone have 1 but not the remote and my device is large & heavy and I pretty rough with things

I dissassembelled and glued, i don't think it will be a problem.

Just my two cents that may not be needed, but I didn't see it mentioned........
Whenever using any kind of glue on just about any kind of plastic, you must scrape the mating sufraces in some way (generally sandpaper or file). Glue won't stick to smooth plastic. The more porous the surface, the better. Another tip, for those that work with balsa and light woods, save the filings or sanding dust. It makes excellent micro balloons.

Hi All,

I don't know if anyone has tried it, but the adhesive that bonds plastic water / pipes works on some plastics. but not all, worth a try if you have some.

Stay safe Len

I know what your talking about but have only used that on pipe.
And once that stuff sets up it’s stuck. Have done had to cut the wrong fittings off to many pipes when I messed up. ?‍♂️

I know what your talking about but have only used that on pipe.
And once that stuff sets up it’s stuck. Have done had to cut the wrong fittings off to many pipes when I messed up. ?‍♂️
Beware that as it actually dissolves the surface so that when pushed together they re set making a firm bond. I don't think it would be much use in crack application.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl