Anybody near Kirksville MO?

Reaction score
So it finally happened. Last day in Missouri for the holidays before I go back home to New York and I crashed in water. I was flying around a lake showing my brother my P3 Standard and I thought I was far enough away from a tree. It looked that way from a distance. Clipped the very tip of the branch on a tree by the lake and it sucked it in to the branches. I thought it shut down because it started to fall. About 10 feet from the ground it straightened out and hovered. It immediately went into Atti mode and started to drift over the water. At this point it was about 5 feet over the water and I now know I should have just pulled the stick down and let it land in knee deep water but the fact it was still flying, I thought I lucked out and I could just bring it back to me. By the time I realized that I had broken blades, it was too late. It was spinning out of control and would not go up. It drifted out over the dock and hit the water about 10 feet from the dock.

My brother offered to try to go in and get it even though it was 30 degrees out. According to a 10 food stick, it was only about chest deep where it landed. He was able to get about waist deep and had to get back out. My crazy brother. Anyway, we went back to his place and got a fishing pole. Spent about 20 mins dragging a hook along the bottom of the lake trying to snag it. Water is so dirty you can't even see anything. My other brother has a hammock and we tied a rope on it and tried throwing it out where it landed. **** thing wouldn't sink and it was getting dark out. So tomorrow before I head back home to NY, we're gonna tie some weights on the net and try again. If no luck then it will have to stay there til it warms up or my brothers somehow get it for me.. I know it may not have a chance in hell of working again but I still want it back lol.

If anybody here happens to be in the Kirksville MO area and might have some ideas, it would be very much appreciated. I head back home tomorrow night.

Sorry for your loss. If you get it back, search for how to repair from water landing. You will need a lot of rice. Some can be repaired. Most important thing is to make sure you dry it out completely before trying to start it. You could also reach out to Hunch on this forum, he repairs a lot of them. If it can be fixed, he can do it. Good luck.

Oh man....I hate to hear that. I'm a tad far away, or I'd be happy to help try and fish it out. Let us know any updates!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dosserdd