Any Way To Use iPad Mini With Mavic?

I have already ordered a tablet mount adapter
7e3e6bda1756bc5da8c327c0ef2cfbc4.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

DJI wants you to move into their new goggle setup.

Reactions: Victor K
Anyone doing seriouse photography doesnt choose Mavic Pro. :p

I'm all for lager camera sensors, better lenses, etc, but truth be known, getting an awesome picture, as photographers have known for decades, is all about subject, composition, and lighting. If those 3 criteria are in place, the sensor and lens, while of course needing to be of some reasonable quality, don't hardly matter at all. Even cell phones, as we all know, can take a plenty good enough pictures these days.

Would the same exact picture look better on a more capable camera? Yes. Will the photographer notice? Yes. Will the audience notice? Probably not, esp when the web is the main distribution channel.

Reactions: David Cooke
Easiest way would be to buy one of those $5.00 car magnet holders which come with strong neodium magnet and steel plate, get piece of plywood in the shape of smartphone, attach magnet to the plywood and plate to the tablet - PROBLEM SOLVED. If tablet is too heavy, use two magnet holders - you are still only out $10.

Personally, I'd be very careful about having magnets anywhere near my drones or accessory gear!

Wow that many ??
Because 95% of all regular owners are just fine using smartphone. And the whole point of making compact controller with dedicated telemetry screen was not to stick a giant tablet to it. And because iPhone 7+ (as well as 6+ & 6S+) exists which is not much smaller then mini iPad.

Aftermarket will quickly come up with a solution for 5% who insist on using tablet with their drone.

I, for one, is happy DJI went minimalistic with controller and nice clamps for the phone. I should finally be able to fly my drone without attracting unnecessary attention to myself as was the case every time someone saw me operating that monstrosity of Phantom controller.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Yes there is, but a phantom 4

Is there seriously no easy way to use an iPad or other tablet with the Mavic?

That seems like one of the biggest negatives so far.

I really liked using an iPad Mini 2 for a bigger screen size when flying my P4.

Phone screens are way too tiny for this kind of work.

Reactions: thousandyard

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj