Any mods for P3P? *Soon to be Phantom 3 Pro owner/pilot*

I have never noticed that gimbal guard in shot even when looking straight down.
WIth regards to fitting it, apart from the fact that your landing gear is almost certain to get scratched there is no problem fitting it.
Each end has grooves which mate with ribs in the legs and provide fore/aft location.
Align those on one end, slip it into place then grip the other end and using your thumb gently and slightly splay the under carriage and it goes in quite easily. I glued mine in with impact adhesive as it then acts as a brace to stiffen the under carriage and stops them splaying, I have seen one drone with such a guard cable tied in.
There are wider guards but I'd be wary of them interfering with either the sensors which can cause problems or the camera.

That sounds suspicious. Can you provide some details? Maybe a link?
What is "better" in these motors?

(btw, changing motors won't have any influence on speed as it is controlled by software)

I didn’t mean to sound suspicious. My Phantom 3 Pro was used when I bought it. The previous owner had an RC shop upgrade the motors with KDE Direct. He told me that they are faster and more responsive. The link is

I didn’t mean to sound suspicious.

That's actually not what I meant. But the claims of manufacturers that they offer "better than stock" motors are usually not true.

The previous owner had an RC shop upgrade the motors with KDE Direct. He told me that they are faster and more responsive.

Faster - you connect the motors to ESC - Electronic Speed Controller. As you probably figured out, motors work at the exact speed which ESC asks them to work at. You'd have to reconfigure ESCs to allow higher RPMs.

More responsive - that is possible, but would require higher peak current draw. Phantoms are designed for specific max current, and increasing it could cause a malfunction, most likely ESC end transistors would burn. Plus, Phantoms have flight characteristic adjusted for their stock config. If motors were more responsive, the drone would probably overshoot its position while slowing down.

Usually 3rd party manufacturers also claim "higher efficiency". It would be possible to increase efficiency by a few points by using very expensive materials; but in practice 3% efficiency boost is not visible during flight, and deviation in efficiency during manufacturing is often higher than that. If it was possible, Dji would utilize the better motors.

From specs, it looks like these motors are similar to stock. Max voltage is correct. If they worked for the previous owner, there shouldn't be a reason to worry. Even if max current draw is higher, as long as it's not more than 15%, the drone should work without issues - such things are always designed with some buffer.

Just don't update firmware - some versions introduce more checks to ESC code, and non-stock motors may show "ESC Status Error" and refuse to fly.

Reactions: brigerdrones
Interesting. I learned quite a bit from that. Do you suggest that I revert to stock motors for reassurance?

I just bought some new DJI OEM props. When I fly the drone, it vibrates quite a bit. Should I return them? I switched each prop with the opposite motor and the same result occurred. Any suggestions and/or suggestion on which props to buy? Thanks

Interesting. I learned quite a bit from that. Do you suggest that I revert to stock motors for reassurance?

Personally, I would keep it as-is unless there is an issue.

I just bought some new DJI OEM props. When I fly the drone, it vibrates quite a bit.

Hm, so maybe there is an issue.. I don't know.
There are many comparison videos on YT, where someone keeps two drones in air next to each other for a period of time. Try comparing these to how your drone behaves.

Reactions: brigerdrones

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl