Any better charging solution than the Rail connector or Pb?

Reaction score
Since it should theoretically take 78 minutes to charge a 5,200 mAH on the stock charger that draws 4Amps, what other alternatives do I have to charge multiple batteries as once?

I) Use the ebay rail charger: This is somewhat lame because the time to charge all 3 batteries is EXACTLY the same as if you pop swap ones out
in the stock charger and total time being approx 3.9 Hours
II) Use my 'Hobby kit' charger w/ an P2 Battery adapter. The Max draw is 6 Amps, which I could charge at 1.5C, but not so sure about changing the charge type to Pb chemistry. Why won't LiPo work when using an adapter connection on hobby chargers? I haven't seen any testimony proving that this was safe.
III) Other scenario or option I might of missed?

Re: Any better charging solution than the Rail connector or

I have one of these from my car racing and it will do up to 8 amps per channel and is a proper lipo charger for P1 type batteries but will also supply PB amp controlled charging like the phantom P2 batteries are looking for too. Simple to use, available in AC or DC or AC/DC

http://hitecrcd.com/products/chargers/d ... er/product
410018236.jpg

Where did you get the connectors to charge the P2 Batteries? Also, since the P2 Batteries are LiPo, why must they be charged in Pb mode (lead acid)? This does not make sense to me and doesn't seem like its good for the battery either.

You'll have to make your own connector (at least I did).

The Pb setting is just simulating a DC supply, the battery internally (i.e. intelligent, Ha-ha) performs the proper charging profile (CC/CV), balancing, and charge termination.

maximusa said:
III) Other scenario or option I might of missed?

Buy another charger. I have four batteries, and find that having two chargers is very convenient. Chargers aren't expensive, in the overall scheme of things.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl