Another set of eyes would be great

Reaction score
Ok, I've got a Phantom FC40. Pulled the original cam and mount (keeping it til the fpv is setup). Got the Walkera G-2D gimbal with Gopro hero3 Silver. Yes, I've had a near run away (yea, wifi issue), but it was close enough to grab and control without the remote. I also got the wider/taller legs to clear the gimbal. Anyhow, I was going over some things and I was hoping to get another set of eyes to make sure I didn't miss anything.

You'll want to draw a diagram of all the proper wiring (on both TX side and RX side).
I think the wiring you'll get is not plug-n-play. You'll need to do some rewiring.

Check out the TX pin-out very carefully; I've seen some misleading diagrams (from the manufacturer, no less).
If you have a multimeter to confirm the power connections, so much the better.
On the TX side, you'll need to take the cable with the balance plug on in and remove the pins on the other end from the 5-pin connector.
Then take the power wire that came with the transmitter, remove the pins from the black plug and put the pins you removed above in their place.
(Result: balance plug connector goes to 2-pin power connector.) This is assuming you want to power the TX from the battery balance plug
(vs. just wiring it straight to the main board).

I think you can just use the 5-pin-to-GoPro wire as it is, once you've removed the other pins as mentioned above.
You won't use the 5-pin wire that came with the transmitter.

On the receiving side, you'll need power for both the rx and the monitor. You can either make a harness that has a battery-connector on one side and splits into a DC plug and a JST plug, or you can make/find individual harnesses, such as battery-connector to DC plug, and balance-connector to JST plug.

The monitor looks like it has a typical 5.5/2.1mm DC plug, but that's just me eye-balling it.

You might also want better antennas for the tx/rx.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic