Android Video Editors

Reaction score
I’ll probably through together a video on this on this but wanted to let people know about 2 very good video editing apps for Android (yes… if you are a 100% iOS user… or don’t have a tablet, you may want to skip this review).

When it comes to Android video editing apps, they are few and far between. Almost all of them are extremely limited and not worth using. Sorry DJI, your app is included in the “not worth using” list. I have found two apps that are worth looking into. This is not a tutorial on these apps, it’s just some quick information on each of them.

KineMaster

KineMaster – Pro Video Editor - Android Apps on Google Play

Right out of the gate I’ll mention that this app is not cheap. It’s a subscription based app at $40 per year. However, it’s _very_ robust and the developer is adding new features. It supports almost all video content up to 1080. However, in prior version I have had some issues with the app not recognizing the video taken by the Phantom 3 at 1080 60fps. It’s since been corrected. As mentioned, this is a very robust editor. It includes things like multi layered video (for PIP, split screen video, etc) and speed control (important for those long slow videos from the Phantom).

Cyberlink Power Director – Video Editor

PowerDirector – Video Editor - Android Apps on Google Play

This app is less robust then KineMaster but… it’s a one-time payment of $5.00. It’s a far better deal (cost-wise) then KlineMaster but it does not have near as many options and bells/whistles and I think it’s questionable how long Cyberlink will be supporting this app. But if it works now, it makes sense it will at least continue to work the same in the future. As mentioned in the KlineMaster review, you cannot do PIP or speed control with this app.

Between the two apps I’d have to recommend Power Director at this time for two reasons. It’s hard to go wrong at $5.00. The other reason is that I don’t think a majority of people want a super robust video editor on their tablet (if you do, go with KlineMaster). Most people probably want a quick and simple way to put together a _good_ video. Something that gives the impression that some amount of work went into its creation. Power Director is _very_ simple to use and gives very good results.

If you have automatic caching turned on, your video is all saved to the display device. If this is a tablet then all your video is available for editing on the tablet (albeit in 720HD). This makes it very quick and easy to throw together a nice video.

Both of these editors have a try before you buy feature. Kinemaster is 30 days and Power Director allows full use for less then HD video.

I put together a short video on using Cyberlink's Power Director and a few Phantom clips. Sorry but it's Android (and Windows) only.

If you did not mind throwing together a video on 720p, you could use cached video and put together a nice looking video in about 5-10 minutes even right in the field. IMHO, this is what DJI's Director _should_ have been like.

Two of the best things about Power Director... it's a one time $5.00 expense and its _very_ easy to use.

It has enough options to make great looking videos but is still simply enough to use that it's very easy to learn.

Reactions: Detrack
Hi tcope

Thanks for the clip I do have a Q: can you put a line or arrow on a point in the movie with a text and as the move plays the arrow and text follows it ,
SAMPLE
if you mark the top of a building with the name and as it fly pass you see it till your pass then you might put another marked on another feature.
It would be very helpful if I could find a program to do this even if its only works on Window pc home computer.

Cheers
David

Hi tcope

Thanks for the clip I do have a Q: can you put a line or arrow on a point in the movie with a text and as the move plays the arrow and text follows it ,
SAMPLE
if you mark the top of a building with the name and as it fly pass you see it till your pass then you might put another marked on another feature.
It would be very helpful if I could find a program to do this even if its only works on Window pc home computer.

Not in the mobile version.

As somebody who had both the galaxy note four and iPhone 6, it is astounding how much more robust the iPhone video editor apps are... Kinemaster is the best droid program by far, but it's not even remotely as advanced as many of the iPhone apps

Do any of these do 4k? Are there any android apps that can do 4k?

I have yet to find an Android video editor that can do 4k. Android would mainly be on Chromebooks and tablets which are not really high end machines. So the demand is almost nill right now.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj