Android custom ROM w/Pilot app?

Reaction score
Is there anybody working DJI pilot app on custom ROM?

I want to take root, install CWM recovery and Cyanogenmod on NVIDIA Shield. Root seems OK, CWM maybe but must initialize everything, and Cyanogen...? Also if losing screen record, I won't do...

Yes, today I made my first voocom cyanogen 11 on my Galaxy Note 8 was good. not caught as before but I noticed that the video of a small locked. but I'm professional P3 recording 1920x1080 60 frames.

Reactions: taroh
Yes, today I made my first flight with cyanogen 11 on my Galaxy Note 8 was good. Not caught as before but I noticed that the video of a small locked. but I'm professional P3 recording 1920x1080 60 frames. Sorry for the English, I'm using a translator.

Using CM 12.1 on Note 3. The pilot app responds normally. Just sometimes it has issues with Google play services. But I think that's a problem with the app not the ROM.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Reactions: taroh
Thanks, I'm glad to hear there may not be problems caused by CM. If I have time, I'll unlock/customize my NVIDIA Shield (mmm... there's another worry that CM can utilize full power of CUDA...).
Also I'm happy to know some Phantom pilots are hacker - no, some of the hackers fly Phantom? :)

I'm considering this but am more worried about the mapping and caching of maps than the Pilot App.
Is there any known disadvantage of gmaps caching on custom ROMs?
I'm using some softwares (MyTracks, wardriving app, some Geocaching utils) on N7 CM10, however seems not different from others w/stock ROM...? (I mean, recent blocks of maps are displayed when offline)

It's just I discovered you seem to need Google Services running - or google maps don't work at all.
If you installed a super speedy gaming type ROM the ability to act like a sat nav might not be high priority?
I don't know if there's a suer speedy gaming ROM, but at least, CyanogenMod installed with gapps (google apps) includes everything, I've never had any difficulty with maps. The gapps is separated from CM because of the problem of copyright, I guess.
If I don't understand your points, sorry in advance.

Nexus 7 2013 both cm12.1 and PA works fine!
I picked up a Nexus 7 2013 to be dedicated specifically for flying. It is working fine but occasionally video stammers a bit & 1 app crash. Wondering if I should go with a less bloated ROM to free up resources.

Did you see performance improvements over the standard load that comes with the Nexus?

I have just installed vanilla CM 12.1 on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4. Huge improvement in terms of the video remaining smooth, it would always start lagging and become like a slide show after about 10 minutes flying with the original Samsung ROM.

I tried non CM custom ROMS that didn't really help, and even customized CM ROMS, but i think the stock is the best. Whats also really good is you can create profiles to turn off all the unnecessary services, and turn up the cpu/gpu performance, so a few simple clicks before loading DJI GO and its operating at its peak.

I did a 5 km total distance flight yesterday and the video feed was smooth at every point. Can definitely recommend CM for Tablets with video feed problems.

Bliss pop 3.9 Nvidia shield P3P absolutely no problem. Dedicated tablet for flying, tried tab S 8.4 also with custom rom. Decided on Nvidia because higher performance and hdmi out. Running latest Goapp and firmware

I just installed CM 12.1 on my Nvidia Shield tablet. So far, it looks good, but I haven't flown with it yet. The only thing I find missing that I need is the ability to record the screen. I'm hoping to find a way to restore that feature. If anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd really appreciate it!

I just installed CM 12.1 on my Nvidia Shield tablet. So far, it looks good, but I haven't flown with it yet. The only thing I find missing that I need is the ability to record the screen. I'm hoping to find a way to restore that feature. If anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd really appreciate it!

You can try azscreenrecorder

Bliss pop 3.9 Nvidia shield P3P absolutely no problem. Dedicated tablet for flying, tried tab S 8.4 also with custom rom. Decided on Nvidia because higher performance and hdmi out. Running latest Goapp and firmware

are you still using bliss pop on your shield? Has it been stable for you?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic