Amplification, WIFI and Control

Reaction score
Seems there are a number of threads that amplifiers are being discussed.

When I get the chance, I'll try to update this thread with links to helpful info in other threads.

Of course there is the "More Powerful Repeater" monster thread, that does have good info in it, but is too large and really focuses more on antennas and / or replacing the repeater. viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3880

There is also the "Phantom Vision WIFI" thread focused on talk of amplifying the P2V (quad). viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7448

There is the "Controller modifications" thread where some talk of modifying the controller with battery power for amplifiers. viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8652

The three categories to cover are (will add links to amp options, but don't want to be prejudice towards any one supplier or brand):

1) Amplifying the P2V (quad) WIFI (2.4ghz) (believed to be MIMO).

2) Amplifying the repeater (range extender) WIFI (2.4ghz) (believed to be MIMO).

3) Amplifying the controller (5.8ghz).

I plan to amp the wifi on the extender and add a half dome helix. it will be a little while till I can post results. have to wait awhile for parts in the mail bought a 2.5w sunhans

I've read people swear both ways that the WiFi is MIMO and that it is NOT MIMO. It doesn't seem like we can make good repeatable tests and progress without clarifying this for certain one way or another.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31