AMA, Academy of Model Aeronautics. Ins

what facts? herbalife will make your life better? its 100% herbal!!! woohoo. Stop spreading BS mr ah, just because a company says something doesn't mean its true.
Once again I'll repeat AMA is a BS company using public lands for personal gain, never did anything for my rc hobby other than piss me off and countless others. they attempt to make a barrier to entry into the hobby, they make it so difficult for new people that most people give up. the clubs are poorly run most of the time, and there is a lot of politics involved in which I have no interest. i'm straight up, no need for politics in my life.

omg, your from NY, I hope not NYC, but if you are in nyc, then u sound like a Floyd Bennett goat, or a rotary wings prick (talk about AMA safety, idiot cuts his own head off, wayyyy to make our hobby look good AMA!!!! Your safety guidelines and membershit is top class) ... I've heard marine park was cool most of the time, even though I never went there to fly or wanted to...

Probably some miscommunication.

AMA will not cover you in a park UNLESS that park has a dedicated or other special purpose location reserved for model aviation so why that is being stipulated should be examined closely.
It also only kicks-in after you've exhausted the coverage of your homeowners insurance.

You're right. I didn't mention that part. Where i go fly usually to brush up on non-assisted flying has big what? locals call "air plane field" :)
And I don't think AMA is waste of money. It's one of good ways to keep yourself up to date on what's up.

Sent from my iPhoneTapatalk

Probably some miscommunication.

AMA will not cover you in a park UNLESS that park has a dedicated or other special purpose location reserved for model aviation so why that is being stipulated should be examined closely.
It also only kicks-in after you've exhausted the coverage of your homeowners insurance.

100% incorrect. AMA Insurance covers you all the time anywhere all the time. There are no requirements for established flying sites, etc. The most important thing is to follow the AMA Safety Code when flying.

Reactions: LuvMyTJ
Ok, won't split hairs with you as technically you are correct.

However the safety code requirements required by AMA Doc. #706 are not likely to exist anywhere but designated flying sites. The devil is in the details.

http://www.modelaircraft.org/files/706.pdf

AMA doc #706 is a purely informational guideline. There is no requirement, as I have noted endlessly, to fly at an established field. You can set up a flight line in your head. It can be nothing more than an imaginary line used for the time you are flying, and it does not need to be straight either. You can use a curved, or even circular, flight line.

Reactions: LuvMyTJ

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik