Altizure 3-D Mapping

Reaction score
I downloaded the Altizure app for iOS over the weekend and did a 178 image “map” of an amateur astronomical facility in California’s Mojave Desert using my Phantom 3 Advanced. It was a moderately windy day and it probably affected some of the images and, consequently, the 3-D model. Still, all-in-all, I was pretty impressed for a first effort.

Altizure has a liberal “free mode” - so for those who want to try their hand at 3-D mapping, it is an inexpensive way to experiment. The pilot app doesn’t have a lot of features, and all camera control needs to be done in the DJI GO app before take-off, but it is fairly easy to use and there is something wickedly spooky about watching your Phantom zig-zag across the sky as a flying robot.

Check out my first time effort here:

CS3 in 3D

Screen Shot 2016-03-14 at 9.19.45 PM.jpg

Reactions: rmasson
That's very cool! If the app is for iOS I'm going to check it out

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Nice Ralph. About how many acres? 5?

Thanks, looks like a really helpful app and a neat site for skywatching.

I'm DLing the ap now. Looks like it would be fun to play with.

What are (if any) processing fees etc? Or is all the post processing done locally on your own system?

What are (if any) processing fees etc? Or is all the post processing done locally on your own system?

Processing is done in Altizure's cloud - you upload the images to their server. They have a free level (the scene I shared on this thread was done at the free level) that is pretty generous, tho gimped in a couple minor ways. You can upgrade at your discretion to a professional level.

I am impressed with their system. I recommend shooting on calm days to keep landing gear and props out of the images.

Wow, that's really neat. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I used AltiZure and like it a lot. I need to experiment with it more but so far I really like it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.