Already bored - how do you stay excited to fly your P3?

Do mind sharing how much flight time you've logged in 3.5 months? Today is 3 weeks since I got mine and although I haven't flown everyday like I did the first two weeks I really enjoy seeing what I normally don't get to see from the air.
I don't mind sharing. Here you go.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 326
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 263
Another idea, install some long range gear and see how far you can send it. I can imagine you will get the same feeling you 1st did in the sky if you send it 6 miles out!
I do think about doing this just for the rush. I really think that eventually I will when I'm "ready" to be okay with losing it. Not yet though.

Reactions: King Luff
Don't get arrested in Cal. for flying ( to many rules)
This is another thing that worries me since I live in Cali. Maybe I should sell my P3 now before the regulations get too out of hand.

Do you use your dslr or go pro on a regular basis? To me, the p3 is another tool and has its time and place.
I have a Nikon D4 that I use to shoot local youth sports for fun. I'm thinking about doing some aerial shots for the league. Free of charge of course.

Truth of the matter is many new exciting things are the most exciting for a short period of time initially until the newness wears off.

The way to keep things thrilling with your phantom are to change the ways you use and fly it. Such as using it within new places you've not dared try before. Practice your piloting skills and hone them to perfection. And so forth. It's kind of like being married, you just need to add experiment and try new things to keep things spicey.
It does sound like being married.

Go new places, try new angles, as you go through your day, look at everything around you and think how you'd place the bird to get the best shot of it.
Funny you said this. I do drive around and think about flying here or there, and where I would take off, where's the best light, the best and most interesting features and how I would edit the footage. Then the traffic light turns green and I'm on my way again.

Reactions: Ezookiel
Buy a Flytrex and try to break records, earn badges, etc. They also have challenges with prizes. That's what kept me from getting bored w/ my V+.

View attachment 29516
Wow, that's awesome. What a rush that must have been.

Reactions: Jeff48920
Thanks, I think was curious to see because of your location if you feel restricted?
I don't really feel restricted yet when flying my P3, but I am sure that day is coming. Especially since I live in California.

I do sometimes feel worried about being confronted while flying due to the abundance of misinformation in the media and the self feeding drone phobia it has created. So far (knock wood) I have been lucky and only sincerely interested onlookers have approached me.

omg!

if you need excitement, contact this guy. You won't be board anymore...
That FPS Russia guy never ceases to amuse, even with creative video editing.

So far (knock wood) I have been lucky and only sincerely interested onlookers have approached me.

Same here. I find it really helpful to let them view the FPV and bring the drone closer so they can see the camera stabilization, etc. Most end up waving at the camera and thanking me.

Reactions: Oso
Same here. I find it really helpful to let them view the FPV and bring the drone closer so they can see the camera stabilization, etc. Most end up waving at the camera and thanking me.
I do exactly the same. I also make sure that when they see the FPV that they see just how far away everything looks from up there. Hopefully it helps ease their minds about drones spying on everyone. Just a little drone diplomacy.

How can you be bored? The only reason mine gathers dust is because our weather is so appalling. If i lived in California I would fly ever day.
Variety is the spice of life - try different locations. Maybe off a boat or in the mountains.
I LOVE my DJI - maybe because I have used RC since I was a kid and also have flown full size I can still marvel at the way it just sits there hands off in gusting 30mph winds.
It makes you wonder why with modern technology light aircraft and helicopters don't just have a HELP button. Most accidents are caused by pilot error.

I do exactly the same. I also make sure that when they see the FPV that they see just how far away everything looks from up there. Hopefully it helps ease their minds about drones spying on everyone. Just a little drone diplomacy.

Agreed. Plus they attach the drone to a friendly person and not some shady lurking character that is trying to spy on them. When they hear how loud it is they quickly realize how useless it would be for anything that requires stealth! :)

Reactions: Oso
For excitement, I smoke crack while flying my P3! Then I see someone looking at her and I go over and "say hey what you looking at"!And then it usually starts a fight and I get beat up. Then I review the footage later and realize she was actually looking at him!! Then I get depressed. Never a dull moment though!

Reactions: bluntnose

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub