Almost lost my bird....

I often use my phone as a GPS navigation system, playing music over my car stereo (streaming data), and charging at the same time. It often cuts out in this setup when it gets too hot so I would imagine that is the problem. Side note: the controller charges the phone over USB?! I don't have mine yet but if this is true this is good to hear!

Yeah I never charge my S4 since I only use it for FPV with the P3. It always remains between 97%-100% because the controller charges it.

caching seems to just happen when loading the maps over wifi. pan, zoom and explore the area you intend to fly and it should be cached. The limitations of the cache are unknown. I wish DJI built in come controls for doing it.

If it's really that easy, that would be great!

Reactions: Trumple
For what it is worth I almost always use RTH in my very very limited experience and the farthest it ever landed from the exact takeoff point was about 5 ft and that was at a location about 5 miles from where I usually fly and I didn't calibrate the compass I think (not sure if that would effect RTH). But usually mine lands within a foot or two from take off even though I live very near high tension power lines.

The RTH is a great feature. You should not be scared to use it at all. And you said you would only use it in an emergency situation....I would call that an emergency situation if you have no FPV or cant see it. It actually works very well and lands the bird very graciously. I believe the RTH feature on the P2 was not as good as the P3 because it wasnt configurable like the P3. On the P2/Vision app, it would send it home in a straight line and hit anything in its way. With the Pilot app, you could tell it to elevate to a specific height, travel at that altitude, and then when it reaches your home point to descend.

On another thread I was wondering how to do the screen captures so that I could get the info (height, distance, battery life, etc) on the screen, and someone advised me to download a screen capture app.
Not necessary.
With Android you can do a screen capture anytime you want simply by pushing the power off button at the same time as the volume down button. Sometimes it's tricky getting the timing right so practise with your phone before doing it in the air. Apple has a similar facility.
I've never used the RTH function and don't intend to ever use it unless its an emergency. I don't really trust the function in all honesty.
This is unwise. If you wait for an emergency to try RTH, it could end badly, particularly if trees etc are involved.
RTH is a very important tool for Phantom Flyers and it's important to try it out so that you understand how it works.
That way you don't get scared when it cuts in one day and you think it's flying away.
Read that section of the manual.
Learn how it works and how you can resume control anytime - (which is good because you can fly home faster than RTH does).
Go to an open area and experiment and have a lot more confidence in your flying.

Reactions: Shatty

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31