Almost Instant Low Battery Warning

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a P2V. It's been a couple of years since I last flew it. I've updated to the latest firmware. I have two batteries and both exhibit the same behavior: I fully the charge the battery, power everything up and take off and hover. When I first take off the battery shows 100% but almost immediately starts dropping rapidly until it makes an emergency landing.

For both batteries, I've tried fully charging them and just letting them drain by leaving the Phantom on at idle but not actually flying.

Any ideas on what the issue may be?

Thanks.

Leaving LiPo batteries sitting around untouched for two years isn't good for them. My guess would be your batteries have gone bad sitting in storage, which let them fully discharge.

Thanks, I was afraid of that. In case it's helpful, I've included the battery stats from one of my batteries when it's fully charged.

upload_2017-3-9_14-45-17.png

I had the same thing happen where my battery was 100% charged and then I took the bird up to about 150 feet, they alarm goes off and I'm not at 20% and sinking fast.......The battery is gone. I did post where I bought my Batteries. Its really hard to find good ones for our old birds. So far they are working good with no issues. Only have about 6 cycles on each

I have the same problem. I have 3 batteries and all of them look good in software. However, when flying, two of them fly for about 30 seconds, then they start to drop about 2 percent per second and flash critical battery warning. I land the drone then the lights flash system error. My third battery works just fine and I get about 10-15 minutes on one charge. I'm going to look into buying new batteries, the official DJI ones however are a bit pricey. Does anyone have any advice on 3rd party batteries?

Same problem here -- 3 batteries. My larger issue, though, is that my iPhone app won't connect to the camera and now drops the entire WiFi connection to the P2V when I hit the camera button....

I know there are a lot of folks that don't like the after market batteries but we don't have much choices.
I bought 2 of these and so far they are holding up really well. 2yr warranty. They work for me.

Amazon.com: Powerextra 2-Pack Bundle 11.1V 5200 mAh LiPo Intelligent Battery Repleacement for DJI Phantom 2, Phantom 2 Vision and Phantom 2 Vision Plus - Upgraded: Electronics

How's the flight time on these?

3 of my 5 DJI batteries are now having this same issue. I'm not ready to buy another bird yet. Looking for reliable aftermarket batteries. Since DJI decided to pull the P2 batteries from the U.S. Market.

3 of my 5 DJI batteries are now having this same issue. I'm not ready to buy another bird yet. Looking for reliable aftermarket batteries. Since DJI decided to pull the P2 batteries from the U.S. Market.[/QUOTE="Mike@PixelMotiv, post: 1251401, member: 9263"]How's the flight time on these?

3 of my 5 DJI batteries are now having this same issue. I'm not ready to buy another bird yet. Looking for reliable aftermarket batteries. Since DJI decided to pull the P2 batteries from the U.S. Market.

To be honest they have been great. Used them now for the last couple of months without having any issues. Flight times vary from about 22 minutes to 18 depending on wind and other factors. Both dji and litchi apps gave me accurate battery information during flight. Really happy with them so far.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair