All I want to do is fly :(

"Really close"? I'd say so.:anguished:

Check this.

I think you're actually in the zone from the Academy. Be careful.

Attachments

• NoFly.jpg
    NoFly.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 175
FYI, all of the thresholds for what is "GO" or not are configurable. That said, one should access the local weather reports and decide from there. I use UAV forecast to get general conditions, but make the decision based on what I observe when out. Also, sources like 1800wxbrief are useful for weather awareness, it does take some practice to be able to decipher the raw reports however.

Bob

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

It's saying not good to fly because of windchill.. I think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wind chill does not apply to non-living things. So whatever the actual temperature is, is what the aircraft will feel. If the Pilot in Command has no problem with the temps (wind chill included) seems like an ok day to fly to me?
Here's a little link to back up my statement: USATODAY.com - Wind chill applies only to living things

FYI, all of the thresholds for what is "GO" or not are configurable. That said, one should access the local weather reports and decide from there. I use UAV forecast to get general conditions, but make the decision based on what I observe when out. Also, sources like 1800wxbrief are useful for weather awareness, it does take some practice to be able to decipher the raw reports however.

Bob

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Exactly. All Remote Pilots should learn how to take advantage of METAR's and TAFS. In essence, if there is an airport nearby, chances are they produce these weather reports and forecasts which are the same ones that manned aircraft pilots are going to use. If you are going for your remote certificate, interpreting METAR's and TAFS is essential, but the website can decode them for you. Just dig out your air port identifier.

Going back to wind speed what kind of wind speeds can DJI drones handle? Also what drone characteristics primarily determine how much wind it can handle? Is it the how big the motors are?

P3 max windspeed=
P4 max windspeed=
Inspire max windspeed=
Mavik max windspeed=

Lol....... I can't believe so many people rely on an app instead of just going outside and flying.

BINGO!

go out the door

is it raining
is it snowing
are the trees laying flat in the wind---OK no major wind gusts?

If NO

then that is it! FLY

all the rest is cute and neat, but totally not needed to fly!

common sense tells most everything they need.

I agree with one caveat. I use an app called Avia weather. It displays and decodes the Metar report from a local airport and gives me critical info such as visibility and ceiling so I know when conditions are VFR as required for part 107 flights. Can't just eyeball these.

I use it because I live in Colorado.. altitudes vary and therefor conditions vary.. I don't use it if I am at the location I'm going to fly.. but a lot of times I'm driving somewhere to fly.. why drive there for nothing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helen Y West