Albuquerque, NM, phantom pilots.

Anyone in the Albuquerque area active on here still? Is there maybe a Facebook group for Drone enthusiasts in the area? I have had my Phantom 3S since around Christmas and still learning and wouldn't mind seeing what others are doing in the area as well as learning some new tricks/tips from those that have some experience.

I am in Northern Rio Rancho, if there is anyone else out there near by.

Joel

Anyone in the Albuquerque area active on here still? Is there maybe a Facebook group for Drone enthusiasts in the area? I have had my Phantom 3S since around Christmas and still learning and wouldn't mind seeing what others are doing in the area as well as learning some new tricks/tips from those that have some experience.

I am in Northern Rio Rancho, if there is anyone else out there near by.

Joel

Hey man. Ya I'm active. Whatcha up to today?? I'd love to get out and fly. I'm in touch with a couple other people that fly around town too

Editing video I took over labor day and hanging with the kids while the wife is at work. I would like to set something up sometime soon. You on the west side?

Editing video I took over labor day and hanging with the kids while the wife is at work. I would like to set something up sometime soon. You on the west side?

Ya man. I'm up at unser and montano. Usually fly around the bosque. When and where would you like to meet up?? Let's make it happen

Maybe Sunday... Morning time?Saturday is full with Kids sports and other obligations. I'm good with the bosque as long as there is decent space for my uncoordinated flying

Maybe Sunday... Morning time?Saturday is full with Kids sports and other obligations. I'm good with the bosque as long as there is decent space for my uncoordinated flying
Sooooo this weekend I have my kiddos birthday party on Saturday and then taking off to Phoenix on Sunday. I'll be out there flying on a few lakes so I should have some good video to share after this week.

No problem, my schedule is always full of things. Maybe the following weekend(s).

I've got a couple of Videos I've already done that I can share. I think I am okay at it, but trying to learn some more advanced techniques. I just finished building a really nice video editing computer system, so now I start the trial and error a little more. Love some criticism on these as I need new ideas or any tips to make these types of things go to the next level. Currently I am playing with more color grading/correcting as well as learning how to setup masks and tracks for different effects.

I also would like to incorporate more non-drone video to make the videos more interesting and diverse, so I add some smart phone video but I am not totally happy with that setup yet.

I would love to learn and practice some drone techniques as well, since it's soooo much easier to just drop a good clip on a timeline then spend hours fixing crap video.

This is my first video (although not a part of my first flights):

This video I could not get GPS in the canyon and it was a little too windy for my skill level of ATTI flying. I put together what I could.

This one is just random "junk" video I sifted through and played with to make something.

Last edited:
I've got a couple of Videos I've already done that I can share. I think I am okay at it, but trying to learn some more advanced techniques. I just finished building a really nice video editing computer system, so now I start the trial and error a little more. Love some criticism on these as I need new ideas or any tips to make these types of things go to the next level. Currently I am playing with more color grading/correcting as well as learning how to setup masks and tracks for different effects.

I also would like to incorporate more non-drone video to make the videos more interesting and diverse, so I add some smart phone video but I am not totally happy with that setup yet.

I would love to learn and practice some drone techniques as well, since it's soooo much easier to just drop a good clip on a timeline then spend hours fixing crap video.

This is my first video (although not a part of my first flights):

This video I could not get GPS in the canyon and it was a little too windy for my skill level of ATTI flying. I put together what I could.

This one is just random "junk" video I sifted through and played with to make something.

Hey man not bad!!! What lake were you at?? Looks like a nice weekend!! I have a few lake videos I could share too. One thing that I try to do with my editing is I make my cuts on the beats of the song. Kinda ties the video in with the music. Here's one of my favorites!

Nice Video, I can see why it's a favorite. Love the integration of cell phone video to break it up. I have been making a good attempt at breaking up the clips on beat, still practicing of coarse.

I did notice that my last video was the same as the first so I fixed that.

The lake the first video is Vallecito Reservoir (with a few snaps of McPhee Reservoir from an early trip this summer at high altitude).

Hey you guys! Havent been here in a while, but havent forgotten about this forum. When are we going flying? Cochiti or Fenton/Battleship Rock trip anyone?
I've been busy, but have managed to get the drone out quite a bit, especially lately. Took the bird with me on vacation too. LMK what you guys think, and if youre interested in planning a quick half day outing.
Two from ABQ, and a few from HI.
Sunset 12-30-17-1.jpg12-4-17 Moon Rise Final.jpg Hawaii Drone Stills-2.jpg Hawaii Drone Stills-3.jpg Hawaii Drone Stills-11.jpg

Pick a day and time, post it and let's all meet up for a cup of Java or a cold one and decide a date a place to go fly.

I have the perfect place to meet up for an adult beverage! Time and place???

Open to almost anytime, but Tuesday evenings. See who replies and go from there? You still at firehouse?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj