Albuquerque, NM, phantom pilots.

Not sure what "???" is supposed to indicate, but if it is asking if a Phantom owner lives in the ABQ area, then I qualify.

where do you guys fly? typically i fly around the north valley, looking for new places to fly around albuquerque.

Do you guys ever come by way of Rio Rancho?
I need to do a quick 1min shoot of the back of my property and have not purchased a drone, yet.

Feel free to SMS me local area code 321-22four1

Thanks,
Mario
Rio Rancho, NM

where in rio rancho , I'm running sanity checks on my bird after some maintenance this weekend, but should be back up in the air in the next day or so :)

Should be an interesting place to fly, close to the volcanos. Tell me more about what you want to film / photograph ? one thing to consider are physical limitations and obstacles like power lines / trees and especially wind speed. lately I've been trying to fly in the mornings and avoid afternoons due to high winds ;)

We have volcanos in Rio Rancho?
I was going to ask if you could take couple of shots of back of my yard.
I have to send them to developer of outdoor speakers to get their recommendation on placement.

Did you ever get the photos you needed? if not , lets find a time when its not windy and i can swing by.

This summer, I've been re landscaping my backyard and every week or so ill fly the phantom up to about 150 feet and snap a photo for posterity ;)

Nope, didn't take them yet.
I need to do something as construction is moving forward and I still don't know how I'm going to handle speaker installation.

I did order P3P, but still don't know if it's going to be a week or a month before I get it.

P3 should be awesome, when they start to hit the street i might "need" another quad :)

I just got back from a nice flight and remembered we didn't do this. If you find a day with low to no wind hit me up.

What days/hours do you work?
I'm going to be home most of Wed. (today) if you wanted to stop by.
I'm in Rio Rancho, just off of Idalia and Iris.

I just found out that my P3P unit will not even get to the dealer until Monday and therefore I won't have it for over a week. If you're available today or any day please give me a call and let's see if we can get this thing done.
Local area code, 321 twenty two 41
Mario

I'm an engineer and work from home, M-F 9-5 ish. typically i can step away for a flying break during the day to reduce the stress if needed ;)

I'm a Phantom 2 user from Tucson and recently had a hard landing that changed the tilt of my gimbal. It used to tilt from 0 degrees to about 75 degrees. It now tilts from closer to 30 degrees to a full 90. I love that it can view straight down now, but I really miss looking straight at the horizon. I've read that you can adjust the angle of tilt using some calibrating software dji provides. Does anybody have any experience using this? I would like to play around with it and see if it fixes my problem but I don't have a PC and I guess there are issues with the software on a mac.

I'm spending the day in the Rio Rancho area and what I'm really hoping for is someone who might be willing to walk me through this on their computer... I know thats a bit forward, but I'm really hoping to fix this before I leave for a Boy Scout camp tomorrow morning and short timing makes me willing to put myself out there (in hopefully not too creepy a way). I'm willing to drive to other parts of town if someone elsewhere in the valley is willing to help.

If anyone knows of a hobby shop in town that they think might be willing to help out that would also be appreciated.

I hope you all have many more flights and few windy days to enjoy your flying!

-John McNeill

based on what you mentioned sounds like you have P2 Vision? not the Vision Plus? either way I'm not certain if advanced calibration touches the gimbal.

I'm in Rio Rancho, but I'm brand new to Phantoms and own P3P that I haven't had to do any setup to, therefore, I'm not familiar with your needs.
Sorry

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj