Airport Travel

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I have gotten some great advice from this forum and I am looking for a bit more. I'm a combat disabled veteran and I finally want to travel and take my drone with me!! I'm worried about how to do this and keep my Drone safe. I am in a wheelchair so I'm limited to do the normal. Thank you for your thoughts on this matter. ...

First, Thank you for your service. What kind of drone? Most people buy off the shelf hard shell "Gator" cases and cut out holes in the foam to fit. There are cases made especially for them as well. Small enough for a carry on

Reactions: GWI VETERAN
I’ve got a P3 and got a copy of the DJI case from amazon for about $50.

As for Airport travel,it has to go as hand baggage unless you want to put it in the hold and carry the batteries as hand baggage. It’s easier just to keep together and take onboard.

I had no issues with the batteries at a smaller airport in Scotland, only at Heathrow, but the staff knew their stuff and it was ok.

Happy flying and travelling

Reactions: GWI VETERAN
First, Thank you for your service. What kind of drone? Most people buy off the shelf hard shell "Gator" cases and cut out holes in the foam to fit. There are cases made especially for them as well. Small enough for a carry on
Thank you ! And I have a Phantom 3 Standard.

I also bought a case from Amazon it's a hard case in a way it hard on one side and is a backpack style so I can hang it on the back side of my wheelchair.
1517807022283.png

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl