Airline carry on size

Reactions: jlo
Thanks for the update;), I've got a B&W type 61 case which is just a bit smaller the than the size they mentioned. Hope I'm gonna be ok with that;)
I'm going to return the 1510 since I bought it specifically for travel.

How is the fit in your case?

I'm going to return the 1510 since I bought it specifically for travel.

How is the fit in your case?

The size of my case is d8.5 inches x h18inches x w19inches

I've got a PV2, check out the photo of my case;)
image.jpg

Reactions: dirkclod
Yeah sorry about the colour of me case but Orange is my favorite colour, hence my aviator toooooo;)

If you get something "airtight" be aware of the fact it will swell when the airliner is at cruising altitude, and will compress again during the descent. This is when your ears are popping and the babies are screaming in agony. When you hear them screaming, think of your case and try to remember if you've opened a vent.

Even worse, is what can happen to your Phantom. Some cases will allow air to escape, but not enter the case. This alleviates the "swelling" of the case, but screws you royally as the cabin pressure rises during the descent. That's when the case will actually shrink, :eek: which may crush the contents. :(

The WORST possible thing you could do, is to let the extra air out of the case while the airliner is in flight. If you must do this, you must also leave it open, or it will crush your Phantom.

It's a good idea to open at least 1 vent on an airtight case for the duration of the flight to prevent damage to the contents.

There you go jlo, hope that helps. :D

For those of you wanting to experiment, take an empty plastic water bottle with you and let the air out while the airliner is at cruising altitude and you will get to watch it being crushed during the descent. ;)

Reactions: Clampit
If you get something "airtight" be aware of the fact it will swell when the airliner is at cruising altitude, and will compress again during the descent. This is when your ears are popping and the babies are screaming in agony. When you hear them screaming, think of your case and try to remember if you've opened a vent.

Even worse, is what can happen to your Phantom. Some cases will allow air to escape, but not enter the case. This alleviates the "swelling" of the case, but screws you royally as the cabin pressure rises during the descent. That's when the case will actually shrink, :eek: which may crush the contents. :(

The WORST possible thing you could do, is to let the extra air out of the case while the airliner is in flight. If you must do this, you must also leave it open, or it will crush your Phantom.

It's a good idea to open at least 1 vent on an airtight case for the duration of the flight to prevent damage to the contents.

There you go jlo, hope that helps. :D

For those of you wanting to experiment, take an empty plastic water bottle with you and let the air out while the airliner is at cruising altitude and you will get to watch it being crushed during the descent. ;)

WY, so when I start screaming in agony......:D

Nope I've got nothing to worry about with that my case has a pressure valve built in. Apparently it's was designed for air travel

image.jpg

WY, so when I start screaming in agony......:D

Nope I've got nothing to worry about with that my case has a pressure valve built in. Apparently it's was designed for air travel

View attachment 21832

Ha ha, that might be the kind you need to worry about. It may be an outie but not an innie. :eek:

Ya gotta make sure it goes both ways, so to speak. ;)

Lol;)

Know what ya mean buddy.

I'll check it out today & come back to ya;)

Sweet dreams!:)

WY,

Found this clip about my case, whats your thoughts?;)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.