Agras T20 with P4 RTK

Reaction score
Hi All,

I've taken the plunge and secured the last new Agras T20 in Australia, and have just picked up a new/unused but pre owned P4 RTK with DRTK 2 base station at a very reasonable price.

I've gone this way because we have a river flat farm that's been too wet to drive a tractor on for almost 2 years, and the weeds are taking over. There's other reasons as well like soil compaction etc.

I'm currently doing all the relevant Australian training, both with CASA and the EPA, to be a fully qualified aerial spray applicator and to contract to others as such. I chose the T20 for the price, but I've also flown one along with the T30 on an actual spraying job, and the T20 really worked well despite the smaller capacity. Also it was considerably cheaper and required a much smaller generator than the T30 to run 2x battery charger.

I've got the SDK controller as well with the P4 RTK, but as I'm new to this and my farm is very flat I think I'll stick with 2D plans and the standard controller/app for now.

Any tips or suggestions, especially based on experience would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT:

One question straight up would be how do I turn the beeping volume down or even off on this (P4 RTK) controller?? It's loud!

Controller beeping is usually a warning that the sticks need calibration. It’s loud for a reason. Do a remote calibration to stop the beeping. It’s done in the app under remote settings, follow the onscreen instructions completely, hit finish, done. No more beeping.

Reactions: Captainrisky
Controller beeping is usually a warning that the sticks need calibration. It’s loud for a reason. Do a remote calibration to stop the beeping. It’s done in the app under remote settings, follow the onscreen instructions completely, hit finish, done. No more beeping.

That might also explain why it's drifting on the yaw axis. I was going to do all that soon enough, but I'll get onto it. Thank you.

I also turned off the obstacle avoidance because I was just doing a hover test to run in the new batteries in the back yard, which has heaps of trees, fences etc and that shut it up. Obviously I'll turn that all back on in the field.

Reactions: Capt KO
If the drone does any unexpected movements after remote calibration, an imu calibration should correct it. Happens some times during shipping. Also, be sure that no metal is nearby during a compass calibration or at takeoff. If you are warned to do a compass calibration, first move to another spot and see if the warning goes away. It just means you were originally too close to interference. If it still says calibrate then do it.
Enjoy

Reactions: Captainrisky
If the drone does any unexpected movements after remote calibration, an imu calibration should correct it. Happens some times during shipping. Also, be sure that no metal is nearby during a compass calibration or at takeoff. If you are warned to do a compass calibration, first move to another spot and see if the warning goes away. It just means you were originally too close to interference. If it still says calibrate then do it.
Enjoy

TBH I should have just led with a full calibration of everything like I did with my Mavic.

This one got me a little distracted and rattled just because it cost a fair bit and then led with a faulty base station straight out of the box. The dealer's sorting that now, but it'll take several weeks which got me a bit distracted.

I've now got it all updated to the latest/matching firmware, which required an update for each individual battery. I've calibrated the controller which looked fine, and the IMU which didn't but now does. I'll do the compass out on the farm in situ and am aware of the issue of metal interference.

Thanks very much for the methodical tips.

Reactions: Capt KO
hi Ali,
I am from best hommes company and we provide home improvement and renovation services. I further plane that I also give the service of construction, So I need person who have experience in Architecture.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic