Aftermarket Batteries - Concerned with Bricking

Reaction score
Hey guys,

So I'm a total newbie to all of this but I am about to become the owner of a Phantom 2 and I was looking to pick up a few extra batteries for it. I'm considering both the Venom and the Limefuel batteries but I have heard rumors that with certain firmware updates, the quad will reject the battery and essentially render it useless. Is this at all true? As I said, I am totally new to this and I would really appreciate any information you guys could get me.The last thing I want to do is invest a couple hundred dollars into some batteries that I would end up not being able to use. Any recommendations for other brands of batteries would be appreciated as well. Thanks in advance.

Reactions: IflyinWY
You're welcome :D

Just remember, the batteries are critical for the flight od your plane. I have read in the forum where there has been some success with the limefuel batteries. Don't have any info on the Venom's. Ask specifics about the batteries and you should get some useful answers. I am sceptical of flying any battery except DJI as what goes up must come down.... Don't want my quad to reject the battery mid flight and shut down or fly a way. But that's just me.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20